xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Inofrmation  (Read 70 times)

ian05

• Archived User
Xbox Live Inofrmation
« on: May 19, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

I would like to know more about Live, I will be signing up with a DSL service here in about a month or more, but im curious to know more about live. I've never had an Xbox, only a PS2, and im loving the 360, want to know more about its live content such as:

1. Demos; how much space do they take up since the 360's HD are around 13GB? I've read somewhere that each demo is around 1.2GB, also, are they free, or do they need certain marketplace points, if so, how many points?

2. Xbox 360 Live Subscription; Do I need it to download contect such as Demos, Trailers and download Game Updates? Do I need to have a Live subscription (be it gold or silver) in order to download content, or must I buy a months subscription to download contect? (As for online playing, im not planning on spending money on lives subscription, I prefer to play online with XBconnect, google it, its a live service that requires a PC, live chats and everything, and its free.)

3. Minimum Connection Speed; whats the minimum connection speed I can go on live with? the service i'll be installing in the future will be 128kb/s (which is relatively slow compared to some users who run live with a 512kb connection.) But Can I get onto live with that speed? It usually goes over 180kb/s.

4. Gamer Points... Does anyone have a list of EVERYTHING on live and how much points it costs?

thats all i can think of right now, im going to wait for some responces if i think of anything else ill come back and post it. thanx