xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Just Stopped Working...  (Read 161 times)

Skettalee

• Archived User
Xbox Live Just Stopped Working...
« on: March 26, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

I dont get it. I know I dont post too much here but I hope you guys can still help me out.

I went almost probably a month without playing my 360. I just been really busy and stuff but the thing is, I used to play and get to sign on to live and everything. I paid for a years worth of the top membership whatever to play online and all that so I know I have the account. The thing is, that the 360 all of a sudden just stopped being able to find my network. It worked perfect forever and there were numerous times where I just didn't play for like weeks at a time cause of work and what not and could get back on and everything would work fine. As soon as the dashboard would come up, it would log me in and everything.

Then all of a sudden it stopped working. It happened when I tried to play call of duty 2 I think and it tried to sign on but said it couldn't. I tried to test the connection about 3 or 4 times and even checked my wireless usb thing on their and checked my network with multiple computers. Everything worked elsewhere besides the Xbox 360. I didn't take alot of time out to try cause I just didn't care since yes Im always busy anyway. But today i would like to go find some time to play online or something on the 360 and it still doesn't connect.

Is there anything else I can troubleshoot besides that 360 conenction test thing that doesn't get past step 2 saying network not found or whatever?

I didn't change a single setting to my router or anything so thats the main reason im pissed. Id understand if i changed up some things. Just went to my control panel for my Linksys WRT54G router and nothing was changed and I didn't have my wireless security up or anything either. Anyone can help me through this? Please? Thank you in advance!

sazer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 07:16:00 AM »

I had the same thing happen to me two days ago.  Same router, same situation - it worked for a while, and now it won't assign a damn IP addy.
Anyone else got and fixed this?

ilyag

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(sazer @ Apr 5 2006, 01:47 PM) View Post

I had the same thing happen to me two days ago.  Same router, same situation - it worked for a while, and now it won't assign a damn IP addy.
Anyone else got and fixed this?

look at the my post (Linksys Wrt54gx2 Solution) on how to setup the router, I was setting it up for WRT54gx2 but it should be realtively the same for your router, just make sure you assign static ip adress to the xbox, because if it is done automatically the router may assign the same ip adress to two devices and that will preclude it from working.

cTTbLaKeMAn

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 06:56:00 AM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what that dude said.

penguin318

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 09:46:00 AM »

i had the same prob, same router. easy fix for it UPDATE your firmware worked like a charm for me

pop.gif

Skettalee

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »

But my tests sometimes show that it cant even find the network at all.. it never gets as far as assigning an IP!