xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Noobie ?s  (Read 95 times)

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Xbox Live Noobie ?s
« on: March 15, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

I'm getting Comcast high speed internet hooked up this Saturday, so I can play my 360 on Live. Do I connect it to live or does MS or does Comcast? I saw on the system blade, the connection option, with a bunch of different fields that look like they need to be filled in, like network set up, configuration, ip addresses..I'm lost. What does this mean to me? Is this auto populated when the internet connection is made? Do I fill this in? This will be a direct internet connection, as I do not own a computer at this time. I surf here at work, but I'm firewalled from xbox.com, so I can't view their FAQs and connect info. Any type of help or walk thru would be appreciated, thanks fellas.

drummin82

• Archived User
Xbox Live Noobie ?s
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 12:55:00 PM »

All that stuff should aut fill in for you. You'll need an e mail address, and a credit card (or a live card). You'll fill out all of that (address, credit card #, name, gamertag, etc..) and it should connect. It's pretty easy and straightfoward.

griffin XXI

• Archived User
Xbox Live Noobie ?s
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(drummin82 @ Mar 15 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

All that stuff should aut fill in for you. You'll need an e mail address, and a credit card (or a live card). You'll fill out all of that (address, credit card #, name, gamertag, etc..) and it should connect. It's pretty easy and straightfoward.

Thank Jesus! I was thinking it would be hassle (compewtr dum). Thanks for helping me take a load off. I was worried I was going to be totally unprepared and without Live for the weekend. biggrin.gif