xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Changing Part Of Gamertag  (Read 68 times)

Sloppy Fat Dump

• Archived User
Changing Part Of Gamertag
« on: March 01, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

Oh boy... lol.   I remember when I was trying to do the same thing.  I'm sure you already know that there is an easy way to do it that comes with a fee.  But... there's another way.... muhaha.gif

Mwahahahahahaha.....hahahahaha......hahah... ok, now I'm done.  lol.

Alright, if you are going to pay for it make sure that it is a considerable change so you get your money's worth.  It costs 800 MS points to change a gamertag.  That's about $12.50 when you buy a 1600 point card from Bestbuy (like me unsure.gif ) for 25 bucks.

You just pull up your menu and go into account management.  It will sign you off xbox live and prompt you with credit card info, current adress, ect.  Then, you can go to an option to change your gamer tag.

If you want to change your gamer tag SLIGHTLY for no cost... you are going to have to contact the XBL section of M$.

The number is 1-800-4MY-XBOX

Go through the oral directory to the xbox live section.  I think it gives you two options and the best one I think is billing help.  Although you aren't calling for billing help... ya, messed up.

Make SURE that you tell them you have an XBOX 1.  Not 360.  This is because the original xbox doesn't have a gamertag changing option.

Next, have your pre-prepared excuse for why you need to change your gamertag.  It has to be LEGIT.  Something along the lines of... I mispelled it and the dashboard won't let me change it or.... people make fun of me with my gamertag and I want to have it changed so I can feel more comfertable playing online.

You get the idea.

Most likely what will happen next is that they will change your gamertag slightly to what you have requested.

Good luck, take advantage of natural human weaknesses and act it out.

Oh ya... you didn't here this from me!