xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Live  (Read 140 times)

crystalgeek

• Archived User
Live
« on: November 29, 2005, 12:29:00 PM »

Im not entirely sure if this is corerect or not but does every 360 system come with a bsic live subscription that automatically connects to live. Do m$ really want modded systems on live, im sure they will be monitoring every system that connects thru live for modificatrions, each system clearly has a "unique ID" because its the only thign that makes sense to me, whilst connecting and teh modding scene being so big now surely MS will be monitoring the scene as much as anyone and any wehre near someone gets to modding the 360 with information being so open wont MS just have live update the systems without people lnowing like automatic updates to fix any vuln's people might be coming close to exploiting, I think the way each Box connects to live and how it downloads content is our key into this, if we can trick the 360 inot thikng it is connected to live and downloading official updates it may let unsinged code be loaded. im only putting my thoughts into words here, im not a genius or a reverse engineer i dont know anythign about chipsets and architecture but this is just my 2 cents althoug im english so make that my 10p or w/e

crystalgeek

• Archived User
Live
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

does the xbox connect to live via a certain IP or something similar how does live identify itself to the xbox. these are just thoughts to get people going, i ahevseen a post where i htink the box is creating application data on a MCE PC. Is this data modfiable, does it set any rules or standards, has it been looked at thoroughly to see if it cvontains settings, id addresses ect

crystalgeek

• Archived User
Live
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 01:08:00 PM »

oh ok. do you know how xbox and live communicate and identify each othwer?

crystalgeek

• Archived User
Live
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

im just thinking if its possible to spoof a connection between 360 and "live" we could manage to gain more then basic access to some parts of the box, we know its possible that the bios is flashed via live to update

Dameon

• Archived User
Live
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »

As soon as we can sign things. Everything from live has to be signed to run.

BIGMANSLIM

• Archived User
Live
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »

im not gonna say "as soon as we can sign things" cuz iv learned that generaly thats impossible, i cud be rong though cuz i have no idea wat signing consists of, but iv done some reading over the years aand have ben tot it cant b done. but again i have no idea what signing consists of, or is, so i may just be sounding like a jackass. so im asking wat is signing, what is signed, how, is it some secret code that is put in the xbox and then in everything official, what is it?