xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Cheating On Live Is A Sure Bet  (Read 314 times)

b01

• Archived User
No Cheating On Live Is A Sure Bet
« on: September 27, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

Well...I don't know about X360s' security, but I bet MS has implemented an AZZ-LOAD of security protocols on LIVE to keep would be hackers from cheating.
  Now I'm not saying that MS has ANY clue when it comes to security, but I bet they put alot of preventive measure into the X360 to detect mods.  A.K.A better Hard-drive scanner/file modification etc... blink.gif Big brother will be watching for sure. wink.gif  lurk.gif

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

They'll still use stand-by on halo...

And I'm sure they'll still hack the maps on halo2 since they are on the HD.

D33z

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 05:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(boxrocker @ Sep 28 2005, 09:03 AM)

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(D33z @ Sep 27 2005, 07:54 PM)
unfortunatly, it seems that cheaters always find a way. ruins the experience. I played the other night and got stuck playing with a hacker. I told him he sucked and he asked me, "well, don't you like to win". I told him to f**k off. I don't want to win that way. We won, and then I reported him and his buddy for cheating.

D33z

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

Yeah, I figured out real quick what they mean by modders. I keep my mouth shut about my box. I use an unmodded box for live anyway.

lex luther

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2005, 03:59:00 AM »

Every online arena is going to have cheaters as long as your playing living breathing people some of them are going to find a way to cheat. Even on mmorpgs like Everquest 2 were the game is always being updated and montered and the game checks as soon as you load up the game if anything has been done to it their is still cheaters witch are in game bugs they exploited. If you like to play online its just a fact of life that you have to accept. But i want let it affect me xbox live is a good and fun way to play online i like it. I even liked ever quest 2 untill SONY nerfed the game and fucked up the combat system. I will pay for xbox live gold on 360. smile.gif

knoxrox

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 04:39:00 AM »

you wont be playing with them any way on the 360 because of the rating system eventually the cheaters are going to get low respect and they will be paired up with other cheaters along with griefers.

boxrocker

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 05:15:00 AM »

Griefers?

And shouldn't there be MORE cheating on kai since it's unsecured?

D33z

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »

yeah, there's still cheating in kai and xbconnect. It's the same no matter where you play. at least in kai, the forum will tell you if they're glitching. but cheaters will still show up in normal games. You're right, it is a fact of life, but that doesn't mean that I have to accept it. Hopefully the live on 360 will work like they say it will. If that's true than they will get a bad rep and it's something you should be able to see before you play with them. It's something that should be seen by all players. Since we can't see face to face, we might as well get to see what other people have experienced playing with a certain person, like an online persona of yourself.  sleeping.gif maybe that sounds lame, but I think  I'd like it.

Carlo210

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

It's a waist of time? Why can't it be a hip of time or an arm of time.

Ohh, you meant a Waste of time. We'll, it's not a waste of time. Developers care and love to find out who's cheating and how they are cheating. The feedback they don't care about are ones which are like "This guyz being a fag he cheatz he a haxor!!!". If you want them to care about your feedback, make them care about it. Make it useful to them. rolleyes.gif

b01

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(boxrocker @ Sep 28 2005, 01:03 AM)

JMan8108

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2005, 08:00:00 PM »

yea xbox live is so fun but cheaters suck sooo much

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

Cheating will NEVER be stopped.  Yes, it can be stemmed, but not stopped completely.  Peple will ALWAYS find a way to give themselves false satisfaction via a gmae that they have to cheat to be decent at.  I guess when they see that level 25, yes 25, that they had to CHEAT to get (prety sad, cheated to get to 25, Halo2 of course), they're proud.  
Just look at PC gaming.  A progrma comes out to stop cheating, and people find a way around it.  I guess it just comes down to the integrity of the people you are palying with.  I don't know, but Ihave confidence that MS will get MOST of this crap sorted out, eventually.

BIGMANSLIM

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

nothing beats when i first decided to played my 1st head to head match on halo 2, the kid im playing against tells me to just stand still, and let him mess around and beat me, or he would standby and winn anyway, so i might as well have let him have fun supposedly. i lagged out, and reported him on all the things possible.