xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Internet Browsing ?  (Read 884 times)

Goldfiinger

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« on: August 14, 2005, 08:50:00 AM »

I heard that M$ doesnt want u to be able to fully browse the internet meaning u still need ur PC.  Is this true ?    The PS3 will have full internet browsing i heard ?

Second will u be able to MSN or messege people on PC's from ur 360 ?

Third will u be able to download from sites like iTunes direct to ur 360 without the need for a PC ?    I know M$ are touting the 360 as being iPod friendly just how friendly is that ?

All these things would be possible unless M$ wants to push us into keeping both console and PC rather than the one all singing and dancing unit....

coments ?

Cheers cool.gif

SickJoda

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 10:45:00 AM »

did you just ask if it was or was not compatible on the internet, then ask if you could use msn? wouldent the first answer all your questions,

and yes you will be able to use itunes, please keep in mind that you can stream music, oh ya, only from one type of music player, lol

pop.gif

Goldfiinger

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »

I know u can stream music from ur PC on to the 360 but can u stream music from the internet and is M$ gonna dictate what sites you can stream from ?  And have u got full internet browsing,  if you have streaming but cant get on to itunes web site then you cant use it.  

So have you got full internet net browsing ?    I've heard u havnt... You never said yes or no to that ?  

Only that if u have got full internet u could use MSN, well maybe maybe not MSN use's the internet but its a app unless u use the browser version which is just pants.

Anyway three questions....

1.  This to me is most important and will probably answer the second;  have we got full internet browsing on the 360 ?

2.  Can we download from itunes, without having to use a PC /  maybe M$ will only let us download from there music site ?

3.  Can we message people on PC's ?

I respect that the answer to the first question would go some way in anwersing the last two but whats the answer to the first ?

Goldfiinger

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

This is from a  Xbox360 Game Faq

http://forums.xbox-s...0

20) Is the Xbox 360 a Media Center PC?

No, the Xbox 360 is not a Media Center PC. It can connect to a Windows XP Media Center PC to stream content, but it is more of a Media Center PC amplifier/extender than a Media Center PC substitute.

So does this mean it can stream from a PC but not from the internet or not ?   blink.gif    

M$ says it can stream but u need a PC ?   So would people say that number 2 on my list is a no ?  And we wont be able to use itunes ?  blink.gif

SickJoda

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

ohmy.gif Dobble Post'iliser

umm, well, if you read the quote you put it said that it will stream music from ur windows player, but wont be a substitute for your computer, meaning, msn, ect..but, when we hack itm, you will be able to actually have fun without haveing to get some gay program that no-one ownes.

Goldfiinger

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

Sorry for double posting....

Wow well if you cant download music or surf the internet without a PC then that sucks !   These things are meant to be all sing all dancing entertainment units ok cool cant waiit to get one for the games.  But dam really M$ is screwing us over with this there is only one reason we cant and thats so they can shift more PC's !

Bring on PS3 and out with my PC !!

SickJoda

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »

listen to me you idiot, lol

if you wannaq surf the internet USE THE COMPUTER.

"mommy! i bought an xbox360 and i cant get on the internet, i got ripped off becasue i bought a VIDEO GAME SYSTEM and it doesnt work like some other product! sad.gif " hahahahahahahaha rotfl.gif

SickJoda

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »

woooops

Goldfiinger

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »

lol chill dude; just making the point that a PS3 will make my PC redundent and the Xbox360 wont.  

Thats it im gonna buy the Xbox360 the day it comes out; i cant wait.  Just makeing a little point....

incognegro

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

you can download music from the internet with the 360 through itunes, napster and other music distributers that i dont remember but no browsing of the net. MS is scared of spyware and stuff like that and any other security problems. Apparantly even they know that they suck in that area.

Goldfiinger

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

Ok cool; but u can have a browser without opening ur self up to spyware ?   Cant u ? you cant get spyware just via a browser u have to download it somehow dont u ?   blink.gif

MS might suck at it but they've got a darn site more experience than Sony and if Sony think its possible is that the real reason M$ is leaving it out ?

I mean now adays u can browse the net on anything; PSP mobile phones PDA's really if all these other lesser companys can get browsers up and runing why cant the software king ?

SickJoda

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »

cuz they want the customer to have a safe, fun time, stream music through itunes, u obviously can. if you wanna surf the net, use your psp. lol

and ive already told you. you. WILL. BE. ABLE. TO. GO. ON. THE. INTERNET. JUST. WAIT. UNTIL. THE. CONCEL. ACTUALLY. COMES. OUT!

ahhh n000bs lols

Goldfiinger

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »

lol who sounds like the no0b ?     pop.gif

listen to me you idiot, lol

if you wannaq surf the internet USE THE COMPUTER.

"mommy! i bought an xbox360 and i cant get on the internet, i got ripped off becasue i bought a VIDEO GAME SYSTEM and it doesnt work like some other product!  " hahahahahahahaha

cuz they want the customer to have a safe, fun time, stream music through itunes, u obviously can. if you wanna surf the net, use your psp. lol

and ive already told you. you. WILL. BE. ABLE. TO. GO. ON. THE. INTERNET. JUST. WAIT. UNTIL. THE. CONCEL. ACTUALLY. COMES. OUT!

ahhh n000bs lols

One sentence u tell me to stop moaning if i cant use it for the internet, then you come back and tell me to use a PSP ? then u change ur mind in the next sentence  and say u will be able to surf the net on the 360 and that this has been ur view all along.  lol make ur mind up mate.  

Ahh well at least you stick to ur guns  sleeping.gif  

But i guess ur not what some might term as a xbox fanboy   pop.gif

Well when it comes to the new Xboxlive feature where u can rate every player; i know which box id tick next to ur name if dumb ass was on the list  rotfl.gif

SickJoda

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »

good one. dry.gif

SickJoda

• Archived User
Internet Browsing ?
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »

stop flameing. god grr.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3