xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Microtransactions?  (Read 203 times)

Carlo210

• Archived User
Microtransactions?
« on: August 02, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »

pop.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Microtransactions?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

Where did you hear that we'd have to buy and  install XNA? It was my impression that using the media connection to your XP machine you could bring over certain types of content... let say images you created....

Then in games like say Tony Hawk... they'd have a built in tool to put your design on a skateboard or a T-Shirt, Hat etc. and you could sell those right from there. Also games like PD0 would include things like a level editor... similar to what you'd get on a PC (or perhaps even FOR the PC with the ability to transfer the final product to the 360).

rulvnthatwigs

• Archived User
Microtransactions?
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »

I actually could believe the buying xna more but probably only a proportion of it not the entire thing. Because if every game came with the ability to alter it and sell your product there would be endless nonsense on the market.  You would have millions of designs to search through and you would always miss the good stuff and it would be flooded with crap that people just wanted to test out like an all black skateboard.

incognegro

• Archived User
Microtransactions?
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 02:56:00 PM »

Truth is, we dont know. Just wait until OFFICIAL word comes from MS. Something tells me MS isnt quite sure either, they always say they plan for it to happen but cant tell us how.