xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Use Internet Without Geeting Banned  (Read 209 times)

swejac

• Archived User
Use Internet Without Geeting Banned
« on: November 14, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »

My box is flagged for banning (confirmed over phone), but since I haven't allowed it connect the box is still fully functionable.

I still want to use the box as mediacenter, I also want the box to be able to connect to internet for browsing, and watching online video etc.

Here's my question:
How can I allow the box to use internet but avoid it getting banned?

My ideas are:
-Removing the account with Live connection
-Blocking Xbox Live's ports in the firewall, except for port 80 then

Can anyone confirm if my ideas are right, will the box connect even if there are no Live account details?

Thanks

This post has been edited by swejac: Nov 14 2009, 03:59 PM

sippin40ozs

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »

I can't be positive, but being as I have had 2 boxes, banned, and both without a game being played (just a the dash) I think you have to connect to Xbox Live itself.  The ban is for violating Xbox Live's terms of service, so as long as you don't connect to live you should be alright.  Just disable Live in the settings on the box and you should be good to go.  Or make sure your profiles are offline ones.  Again, I'm no pro, but I believe this to be correct from how mine got banned.   It only happened after I tried to login to Xbox Live.  Not from streaming video or any of that.

xrkahn76

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »

Disconnect your ethernet cable, turn it on, go to system blade, family settings and disable LIVE.  The you can plug back in, use media center and all that, just not go on live.  You can also use Xlink Kai as soon as we can get a bigger user base!

swejac

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 08:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(xrkahn76 @ Nov 15 2009, 01:05 AM) *

Disconnect your ethernet cable, turn it on, go to system blade, family settings and disable LIVE.  The you can plug back in, use media center and all that, just not go on live.  You can also use Xlink Kai as soon as we can get a bigger user base!

Thanks for this, just what I was hoping.

So you are positive that there are no "call home" functionality, if you don't have any Live account enabled?

ZprivateZ

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 08:55:00 AM »

If you have a router then you can just block the live ports for the IP assigned to your 360 I believe they are
88 UDP
3074 UDP
3074 TCP
Thats what I did so I can still access media center and use leap/kia

t0nyw

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 09:24:00 AM »

Hi, these replies are really useful, have now disabled connecting to live from family settings.

My situation is slightly different- I've modified my box and have never connected it to the Ethernet port since modding it, therefore my box is not flagged. I have no intention of taking my box on live. However i do want to play on xlink- and it would be nice to stream the odd film too.- also have the correct date/ time.

So, I basically want to do xlink gaming without having my box flagged. Unfortunately i can't simply disable the live ports on my router, due to sharing the network with someone who has an unmodified console- and uses live.

Will i be flagged if i connect it to the internet/ is there an alternative method?

Thanks

This post has been edited by t0nyw: Jan 29 2010, 05:38 PM

YoungGeekGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »

I know on my router I can open and close ports on a specific machine IP address so you should be able to close your ports without interrupting his live experience. That help you out?

This post has been edited by YoungGeekGuy: Jan 29 2010, 06:40 PM

Syn201

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »

wack in a random ip in netowk config on the 360 it wont connect to live then ..

t0nyw

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2010, 10:55:00 AM »

Thanks for the replies, I've now configured my router to block the following ports for my 360s IP, taken the ports from MS website.

* TCP 80
    * UDP 88
    * UDP 3074
    * TCP 3074
    * UDP 53
    * TCP 53

I've setup my 360 with a static IP.- the IP selected on my router.
set the subnet to the default one.
And have set a different default gateway to the one my router uses to connect to the internet- ie. router login address.

should this all be ok to block the 360 from connecting to live?- and allow me to connect to xlink- anything i've missed?
Thanks in advanced smile.gif.