xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Program To Convert Dvd To Divx Or Xvid On Xbox?  (Read 30 times)

HappyFriend

• Archived User
Program To Convert Dvd To Divx Or Xvid On Xbox?
« on: November 16, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

Is there a program that will rip a DVD to divx or xvid for the XBOX? Is it possible to do this with xbmc? I know its possible to rip a DVD on my computer and then FTP it over, but it would be so much easier to just put a DVD in my xbox and do it all from there. Also, im pretty sure DVD2XBOX will copy the DVD, but this takes up so much HD space I couldn't fit too many of my DVDs.

Also, what is a good program for merging .avi files that have been split apart? This can be an xbox app or a PC app. Thanks guys.  <

JayDee

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

for linux yes

For "general" use: no  <

BlackRanger3d

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »

Read this

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/dvdtodivx.html

It should help.

I just searched DVD 2 Divx.

google is your friend  <

inthewayboy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 03:32:00 AM »

Copying and converting a DVD on your XBox is currently impossible, and probably will never come to light. The process is very heavy on any computer...even on my Athlon64 setup it's realtime at best (Meaning a two hour DVD takes two hours to convert to DivX).  So you can see how it will probably never happen...you would have to let the XBox churn away for hours on end just for one movie. Sorry to break it to ya!

You should check out doom9.net if you want to learn how to do it yourself on your computer...you could use DVD2XBox, but like you mentioned it'll each up HD space like there's no tomorrow.  <