xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Jtag'ing A E64 Box  (Read 77 times)

bamarquez226

• Archived User
Jtag'ing A E64 Box
« on: January 25, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »

E64: DVD Drive Error - Dvd drive timed out during reset :Wrong firmware, dvd is without f/w chip, etc. This can also be caused by the tray not being fully closed on boot. also it could mean that the Kernel can't be launched/signature in NAND Flash chip is broken It could be possible after bad update. http://forums.xbox-s...p;#entry4156375 This might also be caused by a bad SATA cable.

It could if the kernel is JTAG capable. Dash 7371 or lower. Manufacture date before June 2009, and you need to verify the NAND dump CB to be hackable.

hangover

• Archived User
Jtag'ing A E64 Box
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(DarthVader911 @ Jan 26 2011, 11:14 AM) View Post

I have a spare Xbox with E64 error, would Jtagging the machine cure the RROD ? Or would I need to be able to access the DVD drive ?

Thanks

RROD and E64 are seperate issues, E64 is dvd drive or sata connector related, jtag may fix the dvd drive by flashing the correct key with new firmware but you'll have to fix the rrod if you want it to boot.

hangover

• Archived User
Jtag'ing A E64 Box
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(DarthVader911 @ Jan 29 2011, 10:54 AM) View Post

Ok sorry for confusion,

I removed the DVD drive and the console boots fine.

I have a Falcon board and would like to run JTag and use external HD for games do I need the Nand X kit ?
What other hardware do I need to run games without DVD drive ?

Thanks
Craig
NOOB

You can get a kit but if you are handy just make the lpt cable and do it yourself for about $5 .