xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question About Using Multiple Xboxs, Can I Get Banned?  (Read 125 times)

insanity4all

• Archived User
Question About Using Multiple Xboxs, Can I Get Banned?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »

FTP or usb drive them to the Jtag's hard drive

insanity4all

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(JOESMOKA @ Jan 23 2011, 10:43 PM) View Post

but I dont have a JTAG smile.gif lol simply a flashed drive, and copy of my game was initially 7+GB now its this 2GB

"busted" I didn't read any of the previous posts, whoknows what ya'll are up to.  smile.gif

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »

Right... There's been some miscommunication.

If you're just going to flash the DVD drive, then you do not want to extract the contents from a game backup ISO. You have to burn the entire ISO (with padding) to a DVD+DL.
There's no way to get a 360 game to boot using a normal DVD or CD.

The reason they show up on the Xbox as being smaller is due to the Xbox not installing the padding data. It wouldn't make sense to copy it over if it does nothing.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »

This is one of the great advantages of a JTAG over just a firmware modded Xbox.

That being said, you can usually find decently priced DVD+DL's on NewEgg.

JOESMOKA

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Jan 24 2011, 07:21 AM) View Post

This is one of the great advantages of a JTAG over just a firmware modded Xbox.

That being said, you can usually find decently priced DVD+DL's on NewEgg.

ya was going to ask that any recommendations as to brands to get?

also lol other question will some games only be one disc, or all them going to be dual layer?

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 01:56:00 AM »

It's usually recommended to get Verbatim media. They cost more, but are of higher quality.

Also, dual layer discs are one physical disc. You'll only need to burn more than one disc if the game comes as a multi-disc game.
Like Mass Effect 2 or Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

The "dual" layer term comes from one disc having two layers for recording. It's not two actual, and separate discs.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 02:33:00 AM »

Yeah, those will work. Not a bad price either. Last time I bought DVD+DL's they were about $2 per disc. Those are roughly $1 per disc.

No Xbox 360 game will work on a single layer DVD. It doesn't matter how big/small the actual game is.
When burned to a disc it must have the padding in order for the Xbox to recognize it, which pushes it into the 6+ GB size.

The Original Xbox games can fit on a DVD, but not 360 games.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »

I prefer Verbatim, yes. Cheaper media is cheap for a reason. Many discs will fail and it wears on your console's laser.

But if saving a few bucks is worth it, do it. Some people have really great success with cheap-o's.

JOESMOKA

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 11:16:00 PM »

OH and I cant add this to prior post but can even the new 360 s be flashed?

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2011, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(JOESMOKA @ Jan 25 2011, 10:13 PM) View Post
Ketchup to verify, almost all flashing of drive requires the 360 to be opened correct?
Erm, yeah, you always need to open the case to flash the drive... You can make subsequent mods to the case/DVD drive so the necessary cables are accessible outside the case, but you will always have to open it at least initially to flash the drive.
Once opened you have to go about the process of actually flashing it too. It's not going to be magically flashed if the console is opened, if that's what you're implying.

And then question would it be safe to move game saves, from flashed 360 to live 360 and vise versa...
Along with your profile, gamesaves can be stored on a USB storage device. Again, there's no difference here between transferring profiles and gamesaves between two stock 360's. Undetectable.

...lets say im playing on flashed 360 using my live tag, and the game crashes or whatever, black screens, disc read errors etc, can it append a code saying a error occurred and upon signing into live bust my account?
If the game crashes, this usually means the entire console is locked up. It's not going to recognize this error and write it to your profile.
If it's a disc read error outside of a AP2.5 violation, it will not touch your profile. Many people have disc read errors all the time. Why would Microsoft want to log these? They indeed may be logged on a low level within the console's NAND, but it's speculation and not an issue here.
Even AP2.5 violations that occur are only written to the NAND of the console. Profiles are untouched.

oh and a 2GB plenty to transfer profile back and fourth?
2GB is plenty of room for your Live profile and multiple gamesaves.

OH and I cant add this to prior post but can even the new 360 s be flashed?
Firmware is being worked on for the Xbox 360 Slim, but there is none released as of now. There is no ETA for it either.
Check the Xbox-Scene homepage often, or Team Jungle's Twitter page for updates.

Madhatta

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »

I read through this whole post and wanted to add to definitely buy verbatim. The 360 drives have a harder time reading burned media as it is so get the best stuff you can. There is a 30 pack of Verbatims on Amazon for 29.99 which is even cheaper than that 50 pack you listed. I bought those last time. Shouldn't have though as I fell into a few JTAG'able consoles like two days after I got them. Will probably never use them now.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2011, 12:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(JOESMOKA @ Jan 26 2011, 01:12 AM) View Post
1) No no no im not saying its magically flashed smile.gif I read somewhere that the 360 could be flashed via USB or something......
There are some handy pieces of hardware coming out that allows the DVD drive to be connected to the PC via USB to flash, yes.
It's useful for those that don't have native SATA ports on their motherboard, or if they have to use a third party SATA card.
But if you already have a SATA port on your computer, it's not necessary.

3) Ah see I thought that "banning" occured when a ap 2.5 game crashed, and then LT+ makes it go black screen, if left on it gave a error-I thought this error was like a log to show status of the 360 and uploaded to live on next boot up. (you know kinda like a error log)
If a AP2.5 game is incorrectly created/burned, it won't even boot on the console. This is where the "Cannot read disc" error comes from. Once that happens, your Xbox is flagged for a ban, not necessarily banned straight up. It's basically gonna get banned in the near future, but right now Microsoft is just keeping tabs on flagged consoles.
LT+ fixes the "Cannot read disc" error by replacing it with a black screen in which LT+ prevents an AP2.5 violation from being logged. If you shut down the console, all will be fine.
If the disc is burned fine, LT+ will boot it without problems. If some random error occurs that causes the game to crash, it most likely will crash the system too, in which no errors will be written anyway.
Lastly, any "error log" on the Xbox is going to be in the NAND. It doesn't do anything to profiles on the console.

I too agree with Madhatta. I used Verbatims exclusively and I don't have regrets.
Pages: 1 [2]