xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Flashed Hitachi Selling Box  (Read 104 times)

smokeman

• Archived User
Flashed Hitachi Selling Box
« on: December 24, 2010, 11:38:00 PM »

So I told my kids not to update the dashboard, but a friend brought over a game, and they did anyway.... and now my jtaggable 360 is no longer jtaggable. I want to sell it and buy a jtaggable off e-bay.  

I flashed my hitachi back years ago, and never got it to play backups, so it has always only played retail game discs.  It has never been on live.  I was going to flash my original firmware back on the drive, but I can't talk to the drive anymore in jungleflasher.  I verified my via6421 is working fine, and unlocked, and dumped a friends benq drive...but I can't do a thing with the hitachi anymore.  I know it is going into modeB, since it takes 2 button pushes for eject, and close.  I can get the pc to see it in modeA, but the pc hangs, and the drive is just messed up, as far as flashing goes(any advice?)

Since the drive still plays games fine, is it safe to sell this as is?  Will having the drive flashed cause someone playing on live with it to get banned, or is that only for playing backup disks on live?

Should I put a new drive in it, and spoof it to the original dump?
if so, what drives are safe to put in?  Don't you have to flash an ixtreme in order to spoof?

Thanks....sorry for all the questions.  Just never got into the 360 as much as xbox1.
Now that freedash is looking good, I'm ready to jtag one.

Takashi

• Archived User
Flashed Hitachi Selling Box
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 12:05:00 AM »

Dash version doesn't affect the ability to read/write to drive firmware.
Via chipsets aren't recommended to use with hitachi's, use an onboard, or else
you'll have a disaster on your hands.
Restore to stock first, then flash to LT+.
Jungleflasher only.