xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Noob Question Of Them All.  (Read 43 times)

bwilliy

• Archived User
Noob Question Of Them All.
« on: October 19, 2010, 10:45:00 PM »

Ok. I was wondering if i can get my modded xbox 360 updated with the latest update from live and not have it fck up?

I dont know how my xbox was modded all i know is I use a boot disc to boot games and it may have been flashed from the Hard drive. Sooo Im kinda scared to updated it at the moment XD

I mean.. I just want to basicly buy some Arcade games and stuff...

Oh BTW The Dashboard Version is 2.0.8955.0

majik655

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 05:52:00 AM »

Well I am going to assume you are not JTAG "modded" right?  I mean if you do not know how it was modded then it is pretty safe to assume you did not get a JTAG unit, you would say it was jtaggged, plus you would have had to purposely know you were buying a jtag (hope that makes sense)

So assuming you do not have a jtag then your dvd drive must be modded in which case you can get updates like normal, your risk of being banned from xbox live is the same.

So IF you have firmware that was detectable, or if you have played backups that were detectable then you will be banned probably anyway.... so updating to the current version will be the same thing....

A update from xbox live does not affect the dvd drive modded 360s
But I am not going to say if you will be banned or not.....the risk is always there.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 07:17:00 AM »

You can update a 360 console by downloading the latest dashboard update from Microsoft and putting it on  a flash drive.
The console will recognize the update is there and try to apply it. There is no risk for being banned if you have not already been flagged at this point.

Instructions are here.

However, if you want to buy DLC or XBLA from Xbox Live, you will risk being detected and flagged for a ban.

bwilliy

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Oct 20 2010, 06:17 AM) *

You can update a 360 console by downloading the latest dashboard update from Microsoft and putting it on  a flash drive.
The console will recognize the update is there and try to apply it. There is no risk for being banned if you have not already been flagged at this point.

Instructions are here.

However, if you want to buy DLC or XBLA from Xbox Live, you will risk being detected and flagged for a ban.
Damn...Is there any other way other then Jtag to get DLC and XBLA stuff?

QUOTE(majik655 @ Oct 20 2010, 04:52 AM) *

Well I am going to assume you are not JTAG "modded" right?  I mean if you do not know how it was modded then it is pretty safe to assume you did not get a JTAG unit, you would say it was jtaggged, plus you would have had to purposely know you were buying a jtag (hope that makes sense)

So assuming you do not have a jtag then your dvd drive must be modded in which case you can get updates like normal, your risk of being banned from xbox live is the same.

So IF you have firmware that was detectable, or if you have played backups that were detectable then you will be banned probably anyway.... so updating to the current version will be the same thing....

A update from xbox live does not affect the dvd drive modded 360s
But I am not going to say if you will be banned or not.....the risk is always there.

Nope its not Jtaged.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 08:19:00 PM »

There is no way to "unlock" DLC or XBLA on a DVD-tray-flashed console. Only JTAG's can do that.

To get DLC working on a DVD-tray-flashed console... I'm not 100% sure.
I know that with my flashed Xbox, I purchased DLC from Live, and now that it is banned I can still use it with the account that purchased it.

It would be worth a shot to try this:
Using a Live-enabled console, sign-in with a Live account, buy DLC, download it to a USB/HDD attached via USB, then take the DLC and account that purchased it, and transfer it over to the DVD-tray-flashed console via NXE's 'Transfer Content' option under Memory in System Settings. Still, there might be a problem with licences not transferring.

Someone else might need to shed more light on getting DLC and XBLA to work on a flashed console.

(Actually, you can buy XBLA game packs as retail DVD games. Same game, just comes on different media.)

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 07:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Oct 20 2010, 11:19 PM) View Post

There is no way to "unlock" DLC or XBLA on a DVD-tray-flashed console. Only JTAG's can do that.

To get DLC working on a DVD-tray-flashed console... I'm not 100% sure.
I know that with my flashed Xbox, I purchased DLC from Live, and now that it is banned I can still use it with the account that purchased it.

It would be worth a shot to try this:
Using a Live-enabled console, sign-in with a Live account, buy DLC, download it to a USB/HDD attached via USB, then take the DLC and account that purchased it, and transfer it over to the DVD-tray-flashed console via NXE's 'Transfer Content' option under Memory in System Settings. Still, there might be a problem with licences not transferring.

Someone else might need to shed more light on getting DLC and XBLA to work on a flashed console.

(Actually, you can buy XBLA game packs as retail DVD games. Same game, just comes on different media.)

A modded DVD drive has absolutely nothing at all to do with DLC and such.

You can transfer such files to another console but unless you are logged into Live when you play then it will only show up as a demo.

Ketchup_Bomb

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 03:37:00 PM »

I never even hinted that. I merely said that DLC to work on a flashed console will require a valid license.
The DLC I have on my flashed console works with the profile I downloaded it with.

I was suggesting that you might be able to get on a Live-Enabled (stock) Xbox, purchase DLC, transfer it to a USB/HDD storage device attached to the (stock) console via one of the three USB ports, then transfer it to the modded (flashed) console and have it work.

peterparker1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 05:40:00 PM »

Thank you...
And god bless yiu all...

how to deal with depression

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ketchup_Bomb @ Oct 21 2010, 06:37 PM) View Post

I never even hinted that. I merely said that DLC to work on a flashed console will require a valid license.
The DLC I have on my flashed console works with the profile I downloaded it with.

I was suggesting that you might be able to get on a Live-Enabled (stock) Xbox, purchase DLC, transfer it to a USB/HDD storage device attached to the (stock) console via one of the three USB ports, then transfer it to the modded (flashed) console and have it work.

The transfered content will show up at game trial and not a full game.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(bwilliy @ Oct 22 2010, 08:26 PM) View Post

long story short: Will i still be able to read backups after update?

Of course you will be able to play backups.

System updates have nothing to do with the drive and its custom firmware.

bwilliy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »

SUCCESS IT WORKED!!

THANKS. <3