xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Pc Freezes As Soon As I Power Drive  (Read 44 times)

PredatorDuzWork

• Archived User
Pc Freezes As Soon As I Power Drive
« on: June 28, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »

Everytime I turn on my CK3 Pro, my computer freezes, and my mouse and keyboard become inoperable. I have a CK3 Pro(Rev D), Probe v2, Lite-On 74850C, VIA 6421 Sata PCI. I have removed the VIA drivers as well. What is the problem?

canisay

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(PredatorDuzWork @ Jun 28 2010, 01:41 PM) *

Everytime I turn on my CK3 Pro, my computer freezes, and my mouse and keyboard become inoperable. I have a CK3 Pro(Rev D), Probe v2, Lite-On 74850C, VIA 6421 Sata PCI. I have removed the VIA drivers as well. What is the problem?

That usually happens to me when I hook up a  drive that has been erased and needs to be flashed. I usually boot from a iprep disk in order to get it working again

PredatorDuzWork

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(canisay @ Jun 28 2010, 06:54 PM) *

That usually happens to me when I hook up a  drive that has been erased and needs to be flashed. I usually boot from a iprep disk in order to get it working again

I never erased the drive.

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »

via drivers are still most likely installed. do a search and look for viarmd.sys i think it is....something along them lines anyways.

insanity4all

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:55:00 PM »

I had that problem too, kept reinstalling itself the instant it was uninstalled.  Renaming the driver files was the only way I could keep it from reinstalling.

PredatorDuzWork

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 08:00:00 PM »

Thanks for the responses guys, but I need more help.

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Jun 28 2010, 09:46 PM) *

via drivers are still most likely installed. do a search and look for viarmd.sys i think it is....something along them lines anyways.

I removed the drivers the way that the JungleFlasher told me to. From system32/drivers/xxxxx.sys

QUOTE(insanity4all @ Jun 28 2010, 09:55 PM) *

I had that problem too, kept reinstalling itself the instant it was uninstalled.  Renaming the driver files was the only way I could keep it from reinstalling.

How can it reinstall itself? Whats your setup? Did you remove them the way that the JungleFlasher tut says so?

Any ideas anyone?

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 05:26:00 AM »

Have you tried turning on your drive, then your PC.

I always turn on my drives first, then turn on my PC.  I notice if I don't have a drive connected when I boot my PC, my computer will freeze, but I am using onboard SATA.

PredatorDuzWork

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 12:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Jun 29 2010, 07:26 AM) *

Have you tried turning on your drive, then your PC.

I always turn on my drives first, then turn on my PC.  I notice if I don't have a drive connected when I boot my PC, my computer will freeze, but I am using onboard SATA.

I drive is being powered by my computer through a CK3 Pro, so I have to turn my computer on first. Btw, even If I do get to power everything on properly, Jungle Flasher can't find any VIA ports or my drive.

Any ideas?

insanity4all

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 01:36:00 PM »

admin privlidges applies?,
for me it was viamraid.sys, I renamed it to "FYMS.sys"  I would just type via*.sys into a search & rename every instance inside of a system or system32, etc... folder.

PredatorDuzWork

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(insanity4all @ Jun 29 2010, 03:36 PM) *

admin privlidges applies?,
for me it was viamraid.sys, I renamed it to "FYMS.sys"  I would just type via*.sys into a search & rename every instance inside of a system or system32, etc... folder.

This was on a Windows XP, so their was no option for admin privelages, and I was logged in as a admin.
But I just followed the latest official JungleFlasher tutorial. Could it be because I had another device on the same PCI port whos drivers I forget to uninstall first? Then, I installed the wrong drivers for the VIA card which made it appear as RAID Controller 3429 or something in device manager. But then I uninstalled those and put the right drivers which made it VIA VT6421. Then removed them using the directions from the Jungle Flasher tutorial.

insanity4all

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2010, 02:13:00 PM »

You're on the right path.  Sounds like you have it working now?  If not, don't double click on jf.  Right click on it.  then scroll down to "run as admin"  Being signed in as admin doesn't cause you to run them in admin mode.  Just gives YOU access to files the others can't play with.  Unless you've been playing with your OS.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)  There is an option in the properties I believe, to enable it to be ran in admin, with a double click only.  but it won't be set that way, until you set it to.

This post has been edited by insanity4all: Jun 29 2010, 09:16 PM

PredatorDuzWork

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 02:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(insanity4all @ Jun 29 2010, 04:13 PM) *

You're on the right path.  Sounds like you have it working now?  If not, don't double click on jf.  Right click on it.  then scroll down to "run as admin"  Being signed in as admin doesn't cause you to run them in admin mode.  Just gives YOU access to files the others can't play with.  Unless you've been playing with your OS.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)  There is an option in the properties I believe, to enable it to be ran in admin, with a double click only.  but it won't be set that way, until you set it to.

I do not have it working. I'm not on Windows Vista or Windows 7. The CK3 Pro USB Drivers won't install on my Windows 7. I'm on Windows XP.

This post has been edited by PredatorDuzWork: Jun 29 2010, 09:28 PM

insanity4all

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2010, 02:30:00 PM »

and that applies to xp