xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xecuter Blaster Ck3 Questions  (Read 64 times)

snarfflecakes

• Archived User
Xecuter Blaster Ck3 Questions
« on: April 17, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »

I have been away from Xbox modding for about 3 years now. Completely away. As in hiding in a cave away.
Anyhoot, I decided to start re-educating myself as of today, and so far I am a little confused.

First thing is first, I at least know which DVD Drive I have (BenQ, lot #0731, it's one of the Halo 3 Limited Edition Consoles).
Second, I know which product I want.....the Xecuter Blaster CK3.
Third, I know how to completely take apart my 360, put it back together, install the Blaster CK3, and any other wrench that could be thrown into the mix.

So, what do I need help with? Understanding how to use the Blaster CK3!
Basically, once I have the Blaster CK3 installed, what EXACTLY will it allow me to do and how do I use it?

For the original Xbox, backing up a game was as simple as putting it into the Xbox and then saving it directly to the Xbox hard drive.
Now, I at least know that with the 360, you cannot manipulate/save anything to the hard drive, so a product like the Blaster CK3 allows your 360 to communicate with a computer to create an actual backup disc of the game currently in the 360 DVD Drive, correct? And once a backup is created it can be put into the 360 at any time and played like the original game, correct?

What else can the Blaster CK3 do/allow to be done?

I have googled and searched and googled more and I still haven't found a concrete tutorial/FAQ section anywhere that has cleared up any of my questions.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH in advanced to whoever can help me clear this cloud of confusion.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

This post has been edited by snarfflecakes: Apr 18 2010, 03:13 AM

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »

Blaster 360 is by far not needed and cannot/will not make a back up in any way for you.

To make a backup either use a xbox 360 drive flashed with 0800 fw or a kreon drive. Flash your dvd rom drive with BENQ LT, and you will be good to go

snarfflecakes

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 09:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(vb_encryption_vb @ Apr 17 2010, 10:23 PM) *

Blaster 360 is by far not needed and cannot/will not make a back up in any way for you.

To make a backup either use a xbox 360 drive flashed with 0800 fw or a kreon drive. Flash your dvd rom drive with BENQ LT, and you will be good to go

......isn't the Blaster CK3 the easiest way of flashing a drive (as in, once it is installed I never have to open the 360 to flash if there is a new firmware released)?

And once I flash the drive, how do I make backups of my games? Once I am pointed in the right direction/understand the concept behind what I will be doing, I can handle the rest on my own, but I am still completely clueless as to the "how" of what I do once I flash.

This post has been edited by snarfflecakes: Apr 18 2010, 04:53 AM