xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Got A Jtagged 360 :d  (Read 59 times)

theomms

• Archived User
Just Got A Jtagged 360 :d
« on: April 11, 2010, 08:20:00 PM »

I got a jasper as a gift that has already been modded with a jtag...bad news is I have no idea what how to use it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

I am reading up on how to use the expanded functionality from the mod...but I am anxious to get started, so any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Is there a tutorial where I should start to read?

Right now it has a 20gb HDD....but I'm gonna pick up a larger drive tonight, is there a tutorial for installing it into the stock case?

What is the most popular alternative dashboard at the moment?

What is XEXloader?

If I rip a game onto the HDD how can I get it so I don't need the disc to run it? do I have to use XEXtool?

If I have an .iso backup of one of my games on my pc that I want to run from an external USB drive, what format should it be put onto the usb drive?

If I want to copy stuff from my pc onto the 360 HDD should I buy this? USB adapter for 360 drives

I will be trying to answer my own questions, but like I said I am eager to learn, so any input will help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

theomms

• Archived User
Just Got A Jtagged 360 :d
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »

Okay I'm gonna aswer some of my own questions here:

Is there a tutorial where I should start to read?

Here

Right now it has a 20gb HDD....but I'm gonna pick up a larger drive tonight, is there a tutorial for installing it into the stock case?

I bought a drive, but I have not found a good tutorial for noobs with a jtag'ed box (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

What is the most popular alternative dashboard at the moment?

XEXmenu and Freestyle dash

What is XEXloader?

earlier version of XEXmenu

If I rip a game onto the HDD how can I get it so I don't need the disc to run it? do I have to use XEXtool?

No, I used NXE2GOD. it worked great!

If I have an .iso backup of one of my games on my pc that I want to run from an external USB drive, what format should it be put onto the usb drive?

There is a program called ISO2GOD.

If I want to copy stuff from my pc onto the 360 HDD should I buy this? USB adapter for 360 drives

That will work ,but there is an official MS one : HERE

I am still learning...the only real problem that remains is that I don't know how to upgrade the internal HDD from 20GB to a 320GB drive that I have.
I know how to swap the drive out, but I don't know if I have to format the new drive in a special way for it to work...Can someone tell me how?