xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Backwards Compatibility / Xbox1 Emulator Partition Help  (Read 56 times)

c@rtm@n

• Archived User
Backwards Compatibility / Xbox1 Emulator Partition Help
« on: March 11, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »

First let me apologize for posting this as I can find a bunch of information regarding this but no clear cut answers to many questions people pose.

Basically a while back just after I got my jtag jasper, I obtained a 160gb laptop harddrive.  I followed an old tut that involved hex editing etc to basically mimic the drive/partition design of my MS stock 20GB.

I've learned how to resign/hash all my save games etc to make them work on the new console/hd and many other things from the information on this board so I'm not totally lazy and/or inept.

I do need some clear cut help now though as I can't seem to get backwards compatibility to work.  I have partition 2 on my after market 160gb.  It has the backwards compatibility files.  I have a game that is found on the backwards compatibility list but when I try to play it I get the classic "This game is not supported an update for your console may be found here..." etc soforth.  I've tried this with a copy of the actual game and the actual game disc itself so its not an issue of the ripped data.  I get the same error with authentic game discs.

I just need some help with how I get the backwards compatibility software to work with my jtag console that originally did work on my old console.  Any help would be greatly appreciated and I apologize if the answer is easily found but I cannot seem to do so.