xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Question About Modding A Lite-on Jasper  (Read 30 times)

XHD2

• Archived User
Question About Modding A Lite-on Jasper
« on: February 02, 2020, 04:58:00 PM »

So i got my system repaired recently and they sent me back a whole different system, this being a LITE-ON Jasper with a "service date" of 2009/08/04. I've had this online multiple times so just to make sure my understanding is clear, this is no longer JTAGable correct? That being so, what are my current options for modding this system? I would like to be able to play dlc and arcade games i've bought and I already have them installed on a stock 60gb HD,  but I've read a number of posts that say you cant play them on a non jtag modded system? I also have all my gamesaves stored on a 256mb memory card, I've read that these will become unavailable with certain mods. So which mod/s, if any, would work with both DLC/Arcade content as well as my saves, so far I cant find any that work with both. Perhaps i've just been reading the wrong information by the wrong posters, but with so many different posts saying different things it becomes confusing. I'm continuing to look for answers that may help me but if anyone could point em in a direction or give me advice about what mod/s to use, if any, I would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

This post has been edited by XHD2: Yesterday, 01:05 AM

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 05:07:00 PM »

They didn't give you a jasper motherboard, just replaced the DVD ROM drive with a liteon. You can flash the FW with LT (Lite Touch) and you "should" be safe on live. You can play all your XBLA game and what not all you want providing you don't get banned.

XHD2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »

no they did send me an entirely new system (or at least a refurb), I forget what my old system was but I had specific marks on the case and interrior (through the vents) to see if they sent me a new one or a refurb, the power socket also is the jasper shape with the seperated alignment peg and i know i didn't have a jasper beforehands.
Also I plan to run backups so I'm not worried about getting on live anymore, I would just like to be able to use my old DLC, arcade games and saves. I've read about this XBR and yarisswap mods but it appears to me that those are only for jtaged systems? My dashboard version is also 2.0.8955.0, which is above the jtagable version i believe.

This post has been edited by XHD2: Yesterday, 01:21 AM