xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Xbreboot On Arcade Jasper And Savegames  (Read 544 times)

garus

• Archived User
Xbreboot On Arcade Jasper And Savegames
« on: January 25, 2010, 02:49:00 PM »

Hi

I read that flashing Jaspers with XBR makes the internal memory unformatted and therefore unavailable. So how do I save games on it? Do I need hard drive? I have USB hard drive which I plan to use to play games from it, but can it store savegames?

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 04:02:00 PM »

You will want to get a hard drive to plug into the side hard drive port OR an external memory unit.

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 04:27:00 PM »

I erased my entire nand first then wrote the xbr.  Once my xbr was up and running it did say internal memory was unformated and all I did was format it.  I have had ZERO problems saving gamesaves to it.  I have transferred all kinds of data to and from it.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(eyric101 @ Jan 25 2010, 06:27 PM) View Post

I erased my entire nand first then wrote the xbr.  Once my xbr was up and running it did say internal memory was unformated and all I did was format it.  I have had ZERO problems saving gamesaves to it.  I have transferred all kinds of data to and from it.

Some people has had issues with their XBR getting corrupted doing this and other have no issues like you. Must be just a bug in XBR or something.

garus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 12:31:00 AM »

Thanks for replies wink.gif I will try if saving works for me.

eyric101

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 12:59:00 AM »

I'd be interested in knowing your results.  I recomend doing the complete erase first.  I can understand why it would cause problems if you did not do it.

garus

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 01:08:00 AM »

I will in 2-3 days because I still need to buy few things to do this.

garus

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 09:45:00 AM »

Well, so here I am. MU finally corrupted on my 512MB jasper, after playing last game I turned the Xbox off, and on the next day I tried to boot it, but there's only green middle LED blinking. How do I fix it? Should I erase whole NAND and flash Xell? (I have full 512MB backup)

insanity4all

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »

First thing I would do is shut it off and turn it back on, waiting 30 seconds in between each boot.  Every BB Jasper I've done has been weird and freaky for me.  They work, they just do weird crap like that.  But if you've been saving crap to the flash, yeah you're probably going to need to reflash the XBR.  (You don't have to do all 528MB you can get away with just the first 70MB)

garus

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 12:43:00 PM »

I know how to flash, but thanks for commands wink.gif I will erase whole NAND and flash XBR. Unfortunately I'm stuck with LPT sad.gif

About your adventures with Jaspers, I only had two or three times 3ROLs, but powercycling helped. Now it doesn't, so I'm gonna reflash all of that.

garus

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 04:06:00 PM »

Damn... I erased it and flashed only XBR and still the same: blinking middle green light...

EDIT: Well, it's a progress. New symptom: three red lights after few seconds (top left, bottom left, and bottom right).

garus

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 03:43:00 AM »

Can't edit my last post so... I read the secondary error code and it's a 0020. Tried flashing Xell, xellous but still same thing. Rrod.

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? I soldered JTAG wires many times, using alternate spots, the returning to default DB1F1, and still the same.

ToBbErT

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 04:06:00 AM »

Thats not true insanity4all. I got a jasper 256 and i never encountered any problems. Its been working flawless since day 1......

garus

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2010, 05:09:00 AM »

Is it possible to flash xell on erased NAND?

I mean this:

nandpro lpt: -e512
nandpro lpt: -w512 jasper_6723_hack_for_256mb_512mb.bin 0

lenselijertje

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2010, 07:13:00 AM »

no problems here at all with jasper 512mb nand, make the internal memory unformatted and use harddisk only.

maybe in the next xbr they can fix this problem but i dont really care, who uses a jtag xbox with internal memory anyway? 1tb hdd with games ftw  biggrin.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6