xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Unflashable Drives?  (Read 151 times)

YoungGeekGuy

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« on: January 18, 2010, 09:21:00 PM »

I'm pretty sure they're all flashable but lite-ons you need to make or buy a tool to mod it.

insanity4all

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 11:51:00 PM »

Purchase a console made in early August or sooner and you'll get an EASY dump drive.  Mid August and later will most likely yield trace-cut drives.  (NOT SOMETHING THE AVG NOOB CAN DO, EASILY!)  The further after August you go, the higher your chances of a "hard" drive to mod.  http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698256

If you find a NEW console made before June 18th, 2009.  BUY IT, BUY ALL OF THEM, I will gladly buy them from you for a little $$ profit, or straight up trade you for a new jasper pre-flashed.    

June 18th, is when MS blocked the Jtag hack.  IF you can find an exploitable console, look into doing this too.  
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=698328
It's FAR superior to a dvd flash mod!

insanity4all

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 12:25:00 AM »

The 256-512 hack has been released ....a few times now  smile.gif
Technically- no, you don't have to flash the dvd firmware to do or operate the jtag hack.  HOWEVER it certainly makes things like the initial loading of XEXloader a LOT easier, otherwise you will be stuck loading xexloader onto your hard drive via PC.

*I'm not sure if the new dash released this week (the FTP one) will allow you to FTP xexloader to the console hard drive or not?)  I still haven't made it to using the new dash with FTP support.  Still playing catch up in m life/business.  sad.gif  Got a new bag tonight and decided to take the night off, maybe I'll do it tonight?  probably not.  smile.gif    

Yes, ANY NEW xbox360 made before June 18, 2009 is a GUARANTEE to be Jtag-able.  And an easy dump drive, well assuming you are brave enough to make/purchase a spear.

EDIT- Jtag console removes the "authentic Microsoft hard drive restrictions"  I'm using a normal 2.5" 500gb Hitachi hard drive, I pulled out of a dead laptop.  Without any alterations done to it, other than simply formatting it in my NXE dash.

insanity4all

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 12:52:00 AM »

The new consoles before that date reasoning, is for just that.  Consoles made after that date, repaired by MS a month or two after then, have played a new game released since around then *but after, or have simply connected to Xbox Live since the August 09 update....  Have been updated to the new cb version, going by dash version does greatly increase your odds of getting a console with the 1bl(cb).  But it IS possible to get a 7371 dash/kernal that is running on the 2bl *blocked Jtag version*  That's why I said new.  It's your only guarantee.  smile.gif

Now as for this Hitachi statement....  LOL  ANY new console you find WILL BE a Lite-on.  If you are going for an exploitable console you will get a Lite-on 74850c drive.  Unless you buy used/refurbished then you have a CHANCE of something older than a Lite-on.  For the 74850c you'll need a connectivity kit with a spear, or be prepared to make your own.  The Lite-on has been the ONLY drive in the 360 for almost two years now?  ??? I do a lot of drugs dates/judgments in time spans are not my specialty.  smile.gif

insanity4all

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 01:13:00 AM »

You will get a 74850c inside of an exploitable console, there is a SMALL chance you'll get a 83850c v1, but I think they came out after MS released the new boot-loaders.  If you do get a 83850 drive and the console was made before June 18th, 2009.  CONGRATULATIONS you just got a drive that can be easily dumped via Sata without the need of the spear.  And the spear is the easiest publicly known method of getting the key out of a 74850c drive.  Without making/purchasing one, you will not be able to extract the dvd key from a Lite-on 7* series.  Ohhhh???  Actually I think there is a method that involved bridging two points on the logic board, but I wouldn't recommend it.   Easy to brick a good drive when you stat creating circuits it wasn't designed for.  tsk tsk....  smile.gif

And yes, your basic reading is correct, but you technically don't even need to flash a drive for XBR, it's just the easiest way to get XEXloader onto it.

insanity4all

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 01:22:00 AM »

Not until you get it home and dump the nand of it.  That's the whole verifying the cb in the Jtag tutorial.  If you purchase new, you want made before June 18, 2009.  (there are a few reports of post 18th consoles still having the first boot loaders - only a few, and every console made after July 1 will be on the second set of boot loaders.)  But overall until you dump the nand the only way to tell is by dash version.  Anything after 8*** is a guarantee no go, I think it's dash's 7371 and earlier only.  ???  Read that Xbreboot for noobs link, a few posts ago.  It tells you how to determine if a console is Jtagable.

EDIT: yes, the 83850c drive made BEFORE the June 18th cut-off date would be the first version of the 83850c and it can EASILY be dumped by you, without any extra toys/spears being needed.  Only toy I can think of you MAY HAVE to have is a via6421 pci to sata controller card, to obliterate any compatibility issues your motherboard chipset MIGHT have with Lite-on drives.

Sintek

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 09:12:00 PM »

buying a 360 tomorrow and just in case i cant find an older lite-on, is it possible to use the hitachi out of my current 360 and spoof it to lite-on and (hitachi currently flashed with iXtreme 1.51) then jtag it? dont care about flashing and spoofing the lite-on to hitachi in the older box, but that possibility will be there right?

Sintek

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 12:27:00 AM »

anyone?

insanity4all

• Archived User
Unflashable Drives?
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 02:15:00 AM »

I don't spoof Hitachi's, I don't have an eprom to unbrick them if an accident occurs.  (I'm very accident prone, I electrocute myself at least once a year, every year, for many years now.  I also have a bad habit of intentionally setting things on fire for no reason, other than to simply watch them burn.)  Unless you have an eprom, and know how to use it, and ENJOY soldering.  I don't recommend you spoof Hitachi's as other drives.  Since you're planning on Jtagging the console, you'll have the option to make your hacked image think it needs that Hitachi, without having to alter that drive's firmware.  wink.gif  Probably a bit more confusing for the newb than flashing the drive though.  sorry, ignore everything and go to sleep or you won't be buying a 360 today.