xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Not Banned Yet, Need Some Help!  (Read 102 times)

hamza002

• Archived User
Not Banned Yet, Need Some Help!
« on: November 17, 2009, 07:11:00 PM »

Hey everyone. I just received an Xbox 360 from my cousin which was modded around June this year, but has NEVER been connected to live. They had it modded from someone else so they don't have the original key. What options do I have right now to avoid being banned when going on live? I still haven't connected and don't plan on connecting until I know I am safe. Thanks! Btw the Xbox was manufactured in 2006 if that helps...

HyperUK

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 08:20:00 PM »

First of all can you find out which drive this console has,

Since its a early model its probably going to be a Hitachi or Samsung which I believe can both be put back to stock firmware which might stop you from getting banned if you connect to live for the 1st time.

thwack

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 02:25:00 AM »

Yep - you've got two options:
1. Either don't connect to Live until the new ixetreme firmware is out - flash your drive with this and then connect to Live.

2. Flash drive back to stock firmware, then connect to live.

If you connect to live before doing one of these = ban.

hamza002

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 02:22:00 PM »

Will I be able to go back to stock without the key? Is it the same process as when you are updating a Hitatchi drive?

WBones

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(hamza002 @ Nov 18 2009, 03:22 PM) View Post

Will I be able to go back to stock without the key? Is it the same process as when you are updating a Hitatchi drive?

You have they key. Its on the drive. When you go through the process outlined in the jungleflasher tutorial you will get your key when you read the modified firmware off the drive then reflash it

360beast

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(thwack @ Nov 18 2009, 04:25 AM) View Post

Yep - you've got two options:
1. Either don't connect to Live until the new ixetreme firmware is out - flash your drive with this and then connect to Live.

2. Flash drive back to stock firmware, then connect to live.

If you connect to live before doing one of these = ban.

im also buying a premod thats never been online since flash. if i saty offline until teh new FW, theres no way i can be flagged/banned correct?