xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My Backups Used To Work, Now They Don't?  (Read 76 times)

ole jason

• Archived User
My Backups Used To Work, Now They Don't?
« on: February 02, 2020, 04:38:00 PM »

To clarify... all my old backups still work but anything that I burn now doesn't work.

Pioneer 111d
Verbatim +R-DL (I also have memorex)
IMGBURN - layer break set to 1913760

So what's changed?

The burner is in a new pc... XP pro w/ SP2.  

The only other difference is I'm ripping the iso's on one pc and transferring them to the other pc to burn.  I can load the iso in magic iso so it appears to be 'complete'.

I get no errors burning but the xbox will read the disc kind of loud "whirrrrrrrr click.......click..whirrrrrrrrrrr..." and then tell me to clean the disc and reboot the system.

All of my old backups and retail games work fine.  It's only discs that I burn now that won't work.

Any idea?  It's very strange... I'm not sure what else I can try

wantin2mod

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:29:00 PM »

Updating the Firmware on your 360 is ALWAYS a good idea. It's good to have the new firmware improvements than to not.

Sounds like something changed when you swapped the burner to a different PC. That or your new PC has different configurations on your burning program. Pioneer burners have never given me a difficult time.

In review, I'm guessing that's it either a hardware conflict in the new PC or a software config change that has the newly burned iso's giving you problems.

If you have a way to test the new burned iso's on another 360, that would be informative to solve the problem.

ole jason

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(wantin2mod @ Feb 16 2009, 05:29 AM) *

Updating the Firmware on your 360 is ALWAYS a good idea. It's good to have the new firmware improvements than to not.

Sounds like something changed when you swapped the burner to a different PC. That or your new PC has different configurations on your burning program. Pioneer burners have never given me a difficult time.

In review, I'm guessing that's it either a hardware conflict in the new PC or a software config change that has the newly burned iso's giving you problems.

If you have a way to test the new burned iso's on another 360, that would be informative to solve the problem.

I pulled the drive and tried it in another pc... same thing.  I don't know how/why but I'm thinking the burner is the problem.  A friend is mailing me a burn he did of the ISO so I guess I'll have the answer when it arrives.  He used the same media and software so the only variable is really the burner and the xbox itself.

wantin2mod

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(ole jason @ Feb 15 2009, 10:25 PM) *

I pulled the drive and tried it in another pc... same thing.  I don't know how/why but I'm thinking the burner is the problem.  A friend is mailing me a burn he did of the ISO so I guess I'll have the answer when it arrives.  He used the same media and software so the only variable is really the burner and the xbox itself.

Very probable. Please post your findings so one way or another, we can get you up and running!

(btw; my guess its your burner since your previously burned backups are working in your 360)