xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Rma'd Or Not?  (Read 76 times)

r3ve|2sE

• Archived User
Rma'd Or Not?
« on: February 15, 2009, 05:38:00 AM »

Hello everyone!  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Is there any way, without opening your console, to determine if an Xbox has been sent back to Microsoft for a repair?
Thanks in advance!

r3ve|2sE

• Archived User
Rma'd Or Not?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 01:24:00 PM »

Thanks for your reply.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Well, I got an used Xbox 360 (Xenon based, with no HDMI port) and I want to install GNU/Linux on it. The guy who sold it to me said that the console was "untouched", with shipped Dashboard version, and that he hadn't flashed the drive. Anyways, I saw that the Dashboard version is 2.0.6717.0 (released date: 2008-08-06) and that the console has a MFD of mid 2006, plus, the Xbox looks "violated", the warranty sticker is still there but is partially damaged. Also, the back side of the console, at these holes, has scratches.
I asked him again whether he had sent it back to Microsoft but he denied it... I refuse to believe him, he lied about everything else.
I think I am going to return the Xbox to him, that's the main reason I don't want to open the console.

Millerboy3

• Archived User
Rma'd Or Not?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 04:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(r3ve|2sE @ Feb 15 2009, 03:24 PM) *

Thanks for your reply.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Well, I got an used Xbox 360 (Xenon based, with no HDMI port) and I want to install GNU/Linux on it. The guy who sold it to me said that the console was "untouched", with shipped Dashboard version, and that he hadn't flashed the drive. Anyways, I saw that the Dashboard version is 2.0.6717.0 (released date: 2008-08-06) and that the console has a MFD of mid 2006, plus, the Xbox looks "violated", the warranty sticker is still there but is partially damaged. Also, the back side of the console, at these holes, has scratches.
I asked him again whether he had sent it back to Microsoft but he denied it... I refuse to believe him, he lied about everything else.
I think I am going to return the Xbox to him, that's the main reason I don't want to open the console.

take a flashlight look in the non hdd side grill and look for the additional little gpu heatsink. if its there its been repaired. if there isnt one there its possible its not been repaired.  and also some games had dashboard updates on them.  so thats always possible too.