xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Lite-on Checklist  (Read 70 times)

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« on: January 11, 2009, 06:22:00 AM »

QUOTE(brokenbynubs @ Jan 11 2009, 08:54 AM) View Post

Okay, so I just bought a brand new 360 60gb, and I wanted to flash it to play my backups.  Turns out, it has the new Lite-On DG-16D2S.  After reading hundreds of threads about it(literally), I found out that with new software, I can spoof it for a Samsung MS28 / Toshiba TSH943.  I just need to make sure I have everything I need before I go buying all the stuff...  I should have, excluding software:

Original Lite-On DVD drive
New Samsung MS28 / Toshiba TSH943
CK3 Probe ( http://www.divineo.c...-us/hb-360-ck3p )

Is that all?  I already have the tools to take apart my 360.  I'm following the guide here, http://team-xecuter....iteon_probe.htm to do the spoof.  Please help me if I'm forgetting, or including the wrong item(probe, etc).  Thank you.

Things have moved on from whatever you read. iXtreme 1.5 is now out and you have the ability to flash the Lite-On, meaning you don't have to replace the drive.

http://www.xbox-scen...yApfojHvjYV.php

brokenbynubs

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Jan 11 2009, 02:58 PM) View Post

Things have moved on from whatever you read. iXtreme 1.5 is now out and you have the ability to flash the Lite-On, meaning you don't have to replace the drive.

Am I still going to need the probe to extract info from the drive?  That guide just says:

4: Hit Lite-On-Erase button. NOTE - This is done AFTER you have already successfully transferred your inquiry.bin / identify.bin / key.bin files!!!

So,  I still need the CK3 Probe to extract it?  or is iXtreme 1.5 even cooler than it looks and will do that for me as well?

Edit: What is the connectivity kit, and is it still needed with iXtreme 1.5?

DeeRez

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 06:21:00 PM »

The connectivity kit is a special tool needed for getting the keys off of a Lite-On. Alternatives are the Maximus Extractor or a RS232 - TTL Covertor Module. Read the tutorials linked in my sig, they'll help alot.

brokenbynubs

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 12:12:00 AM »

Okay then, I went ahead and ordered the CK3 Connect Kit V3 Lite and the CK3 Probe.  I also plan on following this guide to dump my Lite-On's key:

http://team-xecuter....iteon_probe.htm

And this one to finally flash the Lite-On:

Thanks for all the help so far, is there anything else I need to know?

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(brokenbynubs @ Jan 12 2009, 07:48 AM) View Post
is there anything else I need to know?

Yes - the process involves erasing the drive before writing to it, so I suggest for the first few times you do this you carry out the key data dump 2 or 3 times to ensure what you're getting is valid and consistent. Once you erase the drive, if you haven't got a valid key from it then it's sayonara to the DVD game portion of your console.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 02:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(brokenbynubs @ Jan 12 2009, 09:14 AM) View Post

But if I wreck my drive, I can always buy another Lite-On DG-16D2S, right?

It's going to be highly unlikely you'll damage the drive. What I'm referring to is the unique DVD key data that's stored on it. There's currently no other way of getting this information without having a working hacked drive so should you erase the drive without getting a good dump, there's literally nothing you can do - a replacement won't work since this DVD key is gone.

Martinchris23

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 06:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(Threx @ Jan 12 2009, 01:51 PM) View Post

I'm sorry. But I wanted a confirmation on a checklist like this too, before I started to buy everything.

But don't we also need a VIA 6421A PCI SATA Chipset?

Or is that not needed?

From my understanding, if you have a Lite-on. You will need:
A destop computer with a free PCI slot.
VIA 6421A PCI SATA Chipset.
A key grabber tool. Homemade, Xtractor, or CK3

True? Not true? Am I missing something or do I need to add something to that list?

FWIW, I use an Intel-based (ICH8) chipset for doing the Lite-ons along with dvdkey32 and dosflash32. You certainly don't need a VIA card for the Lite-Ons, only the Samsung MS28 (if you're not doing the VCC trick).

brokenbynubs

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 02:36:00 AM »

Well, now I've got some problems.  I got my probe+connect kit.  So I got everything together, all the programs required, and got the key dump.  I dumped it 3 times with XtractorReader, once with Jungleflasher, and once with the ck3 tool.  So I have several places with the key stored.  I got green flag messages in each, correct key, etc.  

So anyway, I went to erase it.  I used jungleflasher(stupid, apparently), and it froze before it gave me a prompt to power cycle.  Now it's frozen windows OR dos every single time i hook the dvd drive to my machine.  So I swapped it to another PC with SATA, and now it won't even recognize that there is a drive present.  I can type L-O-Eras C000 as many times as I want in dos on the new comp, and I never get the FF72 erase confirmation.

After a while of toying with it, I finally got DosFlash32 to detect that it's "there," but now whenever I try to read/write/erase it, it gives me a popup that says "No known flash chip on this port!"

Any suggestions?  I also read that the Lite-On drives are unbrickable, as long as I still have the drive key I should be good.

brokenbynubs

• Archived User
Lite-on Checklist
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 04:32:00 AM »

Update:

Fixed it.  Changed SATA ports, booted up JungleFlasher and my new firmware, got the erase to work, then wrote with no problems.  I'm playing my backups as we speak!