xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Liteon & Dvdkey(16/32) Key Reading Woes.  (Read 44 times)

VagrantWulf

• Archived User
Liteon & Dvdkey(16/32) Key Reading Woes.
« on: December 07, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »

My roomie and I are trying our best to figure this out, but we've had no luck, I'll provide as much information as I can ...

- We're using the ivancover FAQ.
- We did everything except bridging R708 (as we read it wasn't required).
- With the drive powered up, the power-light on the RS232 shows that it's receiving power from the 3.3v wire.
- We're using the ASRock Alive NF6G-VSTA motherboard (NForce).
- We're using on-board SATA (unfortunately it doesn't seem to support legacy according to the BIOS, only RAID or non-RAID).
- We're using a PCI serial port card (the motherboard doesn't have a native serial port).
- We've managed to get the drive-tray to stay half-way open, we've tried at least 10 different solutions to this, at least 5 of which would not result in the tray staying half-open.  The XBox is powered up with the tray half-open, we've got power going to the drive, too.  We've also tried variations of unplugging/plugging-in the power lead, SATA lead, and serial lead.
- We can't use dvdkey16, because it seems to be hard-coded to COM1, whereas this card has its ports on COM5/COM6.  We just get a sega:54 error, implying that it's trying to read from COM1 and finding nothing.
- We successfully got the SATA address of the Liteon drive, and we've managed to extract inquiry.bin and identify.bin perfectly with no problems.
- When trying to extract key.bin, dvdkey32 states that our key doesn't appear good, and it's a string of double-C's (CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC - CC CC CC CC CC CC CC CC).
- We've tried using the other serial port too, but to no avail.

And at this point, we're stuck.  We can't get anything but that bad key, and I'm not sure where we've gone wrong.  It's a fairly new 360, so it's probably a very new Liteon model.  Other than that, I'm not sure what further information I can offer.

If there's anything I can check out, anything I can verify, please let me know.

And any advice would be welcome.  I've lost count of how many times I've searched, and how many threads I've read, and I'm just completely at a loss...