xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trying To Add Tracks To Ms Soundtracks  (Read 184 times)

dabigdilla

• Archived User
Trying To Add Tracks To Ms Soundtracks
« on: October 02, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

when i use soundtrack editor it only shows what i have but i can't add to it, or i just don't know how.  didn't look like a lot of options.

then with virtual cd ripper, i can get to where i want to upload, but it doesn't format it or something.

anyway, is there another method i can add tracks to the MS sountracks thru the pc?  <

smokin1

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2004, 05:51:00 PM »

right click on the right side of the screen in the tracks window to see "add track"

<

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

no, that's not it.  in virtual cd ripper, i can get to where i wanna upload it, but when it goes to convert the file i get an error and everything shuts down.  <

smokin1

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2004, 07:13:00 PM »

Maybe I misunderstood

I have never used Virtual CD Ripper.  I use Advanced WMA Workshop to convert all my files to the Xbox required format .wma.  Then I use Soundtrack editor to upload them.  The instructions to right click in the right window was referring to the soundtrack editor program because, like myself, I thought you were having difficulty figuring out how to use the program to upload the wma's to your Xbox soundtrack.

Good luck  <

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

wait!
if i can still use the soundtrack editor, i'd like to!  it just didn't seem like it would help, there was no place to add or convert tracks.  

whats "Advanced WMA Workshop"?  <

smokin1

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

Yes, you can use soundtrack editor.  Once you connect to your XBox simply click on the top of the XBox Soundtrack tree located in teh left window.  Then, once that is highlight, right click in the right window and select "add new album" or whatever it is.  The name that album.  Highlight that album in the left hand window and right click the right hand window again to add track(s).  It will upload each wma file as you select it(them).

You need to have converted all the music files you want to upload before using them with the soundtrack editor.  I use a music software program called "Advanced WMA Workshop".  It is easy to use and works well for me but you can use any audio software program to convert whatever music you have to wma format.  If you would like to use Advanced WMA Workshop, you will have to find it on your own.  The homepage should be easy to find using google.  It is shareware, however, so it may not be the best option for you.

<

dabigdilla

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2004, 08:28:00 PM »

holy crap :o
i swear on everything i'd tried all that, but it worked like a charm!
thanks a lot man!
now i'm like  B)  B)   <

smokin1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2004, 10:22:00 PM »

:lol:

I know, I did the same thing the first time  

Enjoy :D   <

BiggiePR

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 01:02:00 AM »

hi!! i did all this........... when i select the file to upload the program crashes...... it connects and everything... but when i hit enter to upload the wma file to the xbox the program crashes..... i also dont see the e:fffeee or whatever folder in my drive.. i got similar folders but none with that exact name... can i create it?? can this be the problem?? i also tried the other program..... birtual xbox cd ripper and the programs gives me an error: problem connecting to the ftp folder ... when trying to connect.... also... i cant load the ms dashboard... i always jusp to either the game inserted or directly to evox.... i just want to upload some wma's to have custom music to play in my games.. ive been hours reading and trying all i see here... but something is obviously wrong with my xbox...  Thanks in advance!!!!  <