xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 360 Crashes.... No Rrod, No Error Messege Just Crashes  (Read 214 times)

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
360 Crashes.... No Rrod, No Error Messege Just Crashes
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 09:04:00 AM »

Thanks for all the help, Havok smile.gif you're doing good things on X-S.
I've spent many hours reading about different fixes and how to execute them.

This is what I've read on the most sites about the X-clamp fix:

The 0102(and others) RROD is caused by bad/broken soldering(like you told me). The bad connections are mostly triggered by the loose cooling block(or whatever it's called in English), and it gets loose because of the low-quality X-clamps used. Then you can make the GPU/CPU pins connect better by placing stronger X-clamps, or by reflowing the solder. I've also read the X-clamp fix is pernament in most cases.

I think the X-clamp fix is the most reasonable fix for me, because my lack of skills. Well, if it is not pernament in most cases, I can get it done by a pro, but that's very expensive. What do you think?

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »

Today I did some attempts to play too, and now it wiated for 1 minute, and then I got RROD 0022(Bridged solder joint/Short GPU-> (H)ANA)
Well I think that isn't important, but I just posted it for the case... Please read my previous post.

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

Well the Xclamp fixes either work or they don't... its already broken so how much more harm can you do??

I say go for..

Xclamp fixes are reversible.. heatgunning isn't.. so you are taking the safer course.

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »

OK, thanks. I was just scared to waste my E15,00(abnormally high price for some SCREWS) on a temporary solution. Well I never know if it will stay working, but I'll take the risk.(of course I need to buy another one if the CPU's solderinng gets bad too)

I will order a X-clamp fix today smile.gif

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 08:40:00 AM »

Now I've found a Dutch site finally with fixes for an affordable price.

I'm thinking about buying both these two kits(translated by Google):
Screws and rings for both CPU and GPU
Xecuter repair kit to push the motherboard in proper position

and some cooling paste, because I'm not very good with keeping old paste in place(I fucked up a old mobo a few years ago):
click

What do you think of it? I think 2 different kits will give me the best and longest resting results. But I'm scared the Xecuter kit makes the chips you put the things on will overheat.

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2008, 07:01:00 AM »

BUMP

Sorry for bumping, but I'm really scared to f*ck up my XBox even more.

Timmyhawky

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 04:29:00 AM »

BUMP

Wilhelm_I

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 04:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Timmyhawky @ Sep 4 2008, 05:16 PM) View Post

Now I've found a Dutch site finally with fixes for an affordable price.

I'm thinking about buying both these two kits(translated by Google):
Screws and rings for both CPU and GPU
Xecuter repair kit to push the motherboard in proper position

and some cooling paste, because I'm not very good with keeping old paste in place(I fucked up a old mobo a few years ago):
click

What do you think of it? I think 2 different kits will give me the best and longest resting results. But I'm scared the Xecuter kit makes the chips you put the things on will overheat.

Just go to homedepot and get the parts yourself this will cost you about 4€ or so.
As thermal paste I'd recommend Arctic Silver 5 this will cost like 3.89€+1.20€ shipping on Ebay, so this would be a total of like 8€ and you can be sure that you have the proper parts.

You can find a list of the necessary parts in my tutorial(the link is in my signature.
If you cant manage to do it at all I could also ship the stuff to you would be like 2€ for shipping to Holland..

If you need some help just add me on MSN or Yahoo because ik praat een betje Nederlands...

Wilhelm
Pages: 1 [2]