xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can I Play On Live With A Flashed Drive?  (Read 43 times)

Pathogenic

• Archived User
Can I Play On Live With A Flashed Drive?
« on: July 08, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »

its been three days... can someone please give me an answer?

whotheman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »

umm... did you read anything about flashing an xbox 360 and what will happen if you go on live? Well... sorry for the bad news but eventually you will get permanently banned, no matter what firmware you use. (unless you don't go on xbox live) So to clear it up is, Go on live = console banned, Don't go on live= enjoy single player and get to play alot of backups.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:44:00 AM »

Truth is nobody knows what is safe. The going theory is that if you play backups offline and retail games online you should be safe. As far as most can tell Microsoft can only detect bad backups and not the firmware itself.

So even though you can get away with playing retail games on Live with hacked firmware the only 100% way to be safe is not to flash at all and play your retail games on Live.

But if you have a flashed drive and you never go on Live then you have banned yourself from Live without Microsoft having to do anything.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(stacker69 @ Jul 8 2008, 09:21 PM) View Post

I just have a question. I sign in to LIVE automatically when I turn on my 360. I don't actually play online when I play a game, I'm just logged on to LIVE. So my question is, does that mean they can still ban me even though I'm not playing a game online?

Thanks for any help.

The possibility is always there. The bans will hit again and everyone will be in a panic saying " I didn't realise they were doing this, logging that etc"
Enjoy the ride whilst it lasts.

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 12:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(stacker69 @ Jul 9 2008, 07:46 AM) View Post

Thanks Chancer.

I'm not a LIVE player anyway. I was just curious. I have my originals anyway if I really wanna play on LIVE. But I guess I 'll see if I get banned for being logged on.

playing multiplayer over live and being logged in on live is essentially the same thing. a disc check happens when ever you insert a game or load a game, they wont only do it if your playing multiplayer on live

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008, 07:03:00 AM »

Not to scare you of course...

But you don't risk JUST losing the ability to play against other people.  You lose all future system updates (i.e MS added DivX support which banned people can't get)  You lose all game updates, (there were a lot of bugs in Bully for example that were addressed with a patch),  You lose to ability to download new game content (rock band songs, etc)

If you want to do any of the above.  I would never have my network cable connected while I am using a backup.  Each time you place a backup in the system while connected you risk getting banned.

The flip side is if you are using a Kreon drive and backing up your games with the proper tools you are significantly safer.  As that is what MS has banned on in the past, bad backups.

Onimu

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

The point for backup is protect the original game being damage accidentally. What if we show M$ that we have an original copy games with receipt of purchase, can they unbanned our system or exchange with different system??

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Onimu @ Jul 9 2008, 07:43 PM) View Post

The point for backup is protect the original game being damage accidentally. What if we show M$ that we have an original copy games with receipt of purchase, can they unbanned our system or exchange with different system??

You are banned for violating the TOS of Live, (playing with a modified console).  They dont care if you can prove that you own the game or not, the fact is the console is modified, they are not accusing you of piracy.