xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How Do I Reset The Family Timer Settings/passcode That Was Put On My 3  (Read 282 times)

thunderhawk09

• Archived User

Heres the code I spend 25min On The Phone With Xbox Support That worked on resetting my Console
LT-RT-X-Y-LB-RB-LEFT D PAD-A-UP D PAD- DOWN D PAD 3 Times hope this saves someone 25 minutes

xiaonvren

• Archived User
How Do I Reset The Family Timer Settings/passcode That Was Put On My 3
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 04:44:00 AM »

The code varies depending on your serial number.

ilikemuffins000

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »

Many people have asked how they can reset the family timer settings and/or the passcode on their Xbox 360 console. I have the answer! No cheap tricks! Reset all passcodes and security questions with this code:

1. On the 360 dashboard, scroll over to the "System" tab.
2. On the System tab, click "Console Settings".
3. Scroll down in console settings and click "System Info".
4. When the system info box comes up type in this sequence:
    LT RT X Y LB RB Y "Left Stick in" (press it in) Y Y
A box should come up and say, "Would you like to reset the console to the factory defaults?"
Click Reset and you're done!

If this doesn't work, and that's highly unlikely, call Microsoft at 1-800-4MY-XBOX (U.S.). Provide them with your registration info and they will tell you how to reset the console.

HAPPY GAMING!!! biggrin.gif

gta

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »

It didn't reset the family timer pass on my Australian 360 although it did back out of the system info screen (normally have to push B to do that).  I know my password, I was just testing.  Is this the same procedure MS tell people who call up?  I read that they give out a unique button combo based on the 360 serial number but I've never called to confirm.

This post has been edited by gta: Apr 5 2008, 03:04 PM

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 03:41:00 AM »

I tried a few combinations - what worked for me was:

LT RT X Y LB RB "left d-pad" (hold left analog stick in) "right d-pad" x2

I tried a few combinations before this one - I'd actually set the passcode myself to see if it would work and was surprised that it did!

gta

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 05:25:00 AM »

I called xbox support and they confirmed the same procedure.  The code varies depending on your serial number.

Mine was LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, D-pad UP, A, X, A.  It asked me if I wanted to reset settings when I correctly entered that combo.  That code doesn't work on my other 360, so it is somewhat unique.  I wonder how many support calls MS has received because parents forgot the password or the child set it without knowing what it does.

This post has been edited by gta: Apr 7 2008, 12:41 PM

zanic77

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Martinchris23 @ Apr 6 2008, 11:17 AM)  

I tried a few combinations - what worked for me was:

LT RT X Y LB RB "left d-pad" (hold left analog stick in) "right d-pad" x2

I tried a few combinations before this one - I'd actually set the passcode myself to see if it would work and was surprised that it did!

hey .. when u do this code thing... does this reset the timer to its usual time .. or does it turn the family timer off completley

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »

seeing as the code to reset the family timer is COMPLETLY different on each and every console, no code in here will work except for the console it is 'linked' to

Boobers

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 07:00:00 AM »

Actually one did..

I was searching around for the 1-800 for XBOX and GOOGLE brought me to this page..

I said to myself, I said, "Self, what the hell"..

So I tried ilikemuffins000's code of:

LT RT X Y LB RB Y "Left Stick in" (press it in) Y Y

And viola'....  It took me to a screen that said, "This will reset all settings to factory default"  yada yada yada and "Do you want to proceed"..

I said YES and it reset and booom...  The Family Code setting was gone..

So, I am wondering if this is some sort of universal reset code...  If I get time later, I am going to play with it and see if it will do it again..

B

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 06:49:00 AM »

I tried that on mine and it didn't work, hence why I tested different combinations and found it by process of elimination. There's nowhere near enough combinations to satisfy it being unique, but they'll be part of your serial number which will dictate which code it is.

I bet if everyone called MS and posted their combination onto a database, there can only be a maximum of 10,000 since the last 4 buttons will (possibly) be one of either a D-pad direction, Left or right stick 'push', or A, B, X or Y.

The fact that yours (boobers) worked as well as ilikemuffins000, means there will be a similarity in your serial number. That's my bet anyway.

It's actually a moot point since a call to MS will get you the code anyway.

This post has been edited by Martinchris23: Jul 1 2008, 01:49 PM

Boobers

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:52:00 PM »

Yea, yer right..

But anything that saves me from being on hold for 20 mins, then spending 10 mins explaining the problem, then another ten minutes trying different things that have NOTHING to do with the problem at hand and finally getting to the "tech" saying, "OK, well I guess we'll have to give you a RESET code" is a big plus in my book..

Sure would be nice if MS could just set this all up on a web page so people can go RIGHT to the solution..

I know, I know.. There are oodles of reasons against something like that.

But I can dream..  biggrin.gif

B

wackykris

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 02:23:00 AM »

HOLY SHIZZZNIZZLE i figured out mine no joke i was gonna call microsoft but they arnt open so i thought i look it up and none of those codes works so i was like hmm LT, RT, X, Y, LB, RB, Y, HOLD LEFT STICK IN AND I PUSHED X,X AND IT WAS LIKE BAM I WAS LIKE HOLY CRAPO OUT OF ALL THE POSIBLE COMBOS I GOT IT RIGHT OFF THE BAT WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

Imsohappy

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 08:06:00 AM »

Wow mn i wasalo just about to give up when i tried your code and boom it orked it usaly just backd out of the system info screen butr this time it when to reset and it worked for me so thanks man thanks a lot

jabee70

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2009, 09:56:00 AM »

yep wackykris yours worked 4 me thanks m8 biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  smile.gif  

under420dog

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2009, 06:05:00 PM »

UPDATE......

the new dash has the option to reset the console to factory defaults already...
Pages: [1] 2