xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacing My Current Dvd Drive With The Benq  (Read 136 times)

arsenal00

• Archived User
Replacing My Current Dvd Drive With The Benq
« on: January 29, 2008, 03:48:00 PM »

Hey, my toshiba samsung dvd drive for my xbox 360 stopped reading games and dvd's, i would get the open tray error, so I figured out how to open my xbox and have all that down.  I ordered a BENQ new dvd drive thats supposed to be a lot better but now I hear I have to flash it to my xbox board or something I cant just replace drives.  I have searched all around the forum but there are a lot I dont understand.  What I simply want to know is how do I make the BENQ new dvd drive I bought work with my current xbox 360.  Noob question I guess but please help! thank you.

rickai

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »

put the key from your toshiba on the benq and spoof the benq as a toshiba

arsenal00

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »

what is the key exactly from the toshiba? and what does it mean to "spoof" the benq as a toshiba.. sorry im just so new to this xbox hardware issues

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(arsenal00 @ Jan 30 2008, 04:25 AM) View Post

what is the key exactly from the toshiba? and what does it mean to "spoof" the benq as a toshiba.. sorry im just so new to this xbox hardware issues

Start reading the pinned topics for a start.

arsenal00

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »

i been reading around and havnt found anything about my situation or how to replace the BENQ drive, iv heard the BENQ drive is too new to even replace your existing drive and you can only have it when you buy your current xbox, true? and please just help with the replacing of the drives to read my xbox board would be great

rickai

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »

gonna assume you know how to flash drives etc. read the firmware off the toshiba and open up the orig.bin in firmware toolbox and copy the key. read the firmware from the benq and replace the key on that firmware with your toshiba key and press spoof benq as toshiba

arsenal00

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:09:00 AM »

can I do all this If I have already removed my current faulty xbox 360 dvd drive and just waiting on my BENQ to arrive? or does my current drive need to be hooked up to read firmware, any links that can help me step by step figure out how to flash and read firmware? thanks

arsenal00

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 12:43:00 AM »

i been reading all throughout the board and still cant find a tutoriaal to help me, all I wwant to do is replace my toshiba samsung dvd drive with the new benq I recently purchased, i dont know how to flash or read firmware, i learn quick and would GREATLY appreciate if anybody please lets me know how to install my BENQ to work with my xbox 360.

hiPotion

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2008, 02:56:00 AM »

You need to make a bootable floppy with MTKFLASH on it.
You need a PC with SATA ports on the motherboard (or a PCI card).

You need to plug the Power cable from the DVDROM into the power from the xbox motherboard, and the SATA cable from the PC to the DVDROM.

Boot up with the floppy. type mtkflash r /m orig.bin
It will dump your firmware to the floppy, eventually. You may need to turn the xbox off then on again before it will work. Fiddle around with it.

Once you get the firmware make copies EVERYWHERE. Atleast 5. Boot into Windows - open it with Firmware Toolbox and get the key.

Get the BenQ iXtreme firmware, copy an orig.bin to the folder and use the program that makes the correct firmware with your key.

I think that covers it?

arsenal00

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2008, 03:08:00 AM »

hey man  thanks a lot , that sounds simple enough, im going over tomorow to buy the sat card

arsenal00

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »

hey I just purchased a eSata 150 PCI host card and installed it in my computer, from the directions it said to connect the sata from PC to DVD rom, did I have to buy a Sata wire because none of the wires coming out my dvd rom drive fit into this eSata card I bought.

arsenal00

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 12:11:00 PM »

hey now I am back to being confused, I bought this pci sata card and how do i make a connection to the samsung I have to get the key? do i need to go out and buy a sata wire that will fit from my dvd rom into my pci card or did I buy the wrong pci card

rickai

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »

you need to buy a sata cable usually a little red cable you plug one end in the back of your dvd drive other end in the card. http://atechfabricat..._Cable_data.jpg after that basically do what hipotion said but im guessing youre going to need a more thorough explanation if youre new to this. so search for flashing guides, mtkflash guides etc