xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: My 360 Blinks Like It's In Mode-b Over And Over.. I Have No Clue  (Read 47 times)

aceshigh87

• Archived User

Story in a nut shell. I was playing GRAW 2 (only 2 days having the console, on live) and bam my 360 was shaking all over the place. My drive has a clear window, so when I restarted the console I could see the disc tray was never spinning, then a couple of days later it started to spin but would keep hitting the disc and making this loud noise. I took apart the drive/tray and placed back the magnet, but the tray wouldnt open or close. Then I noticed after I did that the 360 was blinking over and over like it was in MODE B. Sorry, thats the best was to describe it. The power button LED just flashes over and over.

Things I can do :

1. Turn on the 360
2. Download demos
3. Play demos at full speed without the machine making any hiccups.

Things I'm trying to do :

1. I just ordered another 78fk drive from consolesource.
2. I'm thinking since my drive exploded and it shares the same key as my flashed drive, If I flash it will the same exact firmware it will work again.
3. The FW I have, when I open it with FW toolbox actually has my key, so when I flash it will give it the same key right? Same as the mobo?

Help would be awesome! I tried looking everywhere before I asked this question, I even tried on 360mods and they don't have that many people on their forums. I'm hoping someone knows why my power led would be flashing like mode b.

have a nice day  smile.gif