xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Have A 79fk Hitachi Drive, And I Was Wondering...  (Read 57 times)

oogawooga

• Archived User
I Have A 79fk Hitachi Drive, And I Was Wondering...
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »

ok so i have a 79fk drive, and ive been to 2 forums but the people there are like dead, i asked some guy is it possible to flash the dvd drive? and he said only with a 79 passkey or modchip? wat the, are those really my only 2 options? or is it possible to flash like all those other drives, just connect to your comp and put in the firmware... if there are any other options other than soldering, can you please mention that too? well this forum is my last hope for answers, because i know its very active.. thanks

-oogawooga

mindweaver

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »

Hi

I opened my brand new Elite and found out that I have the 79FL drive. And after a whole day desperately seeking a no solder solution all just came back to the same thing.

You have to solder on a 79 passkey to be able to flash it. Sucks. I hope there will be a software or no solder solution for it in the near future.

And yeah, of anyone know of another solution, please let us know (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Skyzo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »

Well, my experience with the 79FK have been miserable so far. I managed to solder and sucessfully flashed it to the latest FW, but I couldn't get it to boot any of my backup. Tried different media, burners, rubberband trick, pot tweak, etc. and still no go.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  At least I was able to retrieve the key and am getting another drive to spoof it. Hope you guys can get yours working.