xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wicked Xbmc Remote  (Read 208 times)

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« on: September 12, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

Finnaly spent some time setting up my remote properly for xbmc today...

If you would like the same setup I believe the remote was around 20$ canadain at walmart... The JP1 programming interface was built by myself. They can also be purchased online. Search www.google.ca for 'jp1' and you'll find lots of recourses on jp1 remote programming...

I went through the RCA tv/dvd remote codes... this setup should have absolutly NO conflicts with other RCA equipment (at least dvd players and tvs) which i know all of you hate.

So here it is....

(IMG:http://www.mrfo.com/xbmc/urc-8811.labeled.arrows.thm.jpg)
Large Image

What you need...

1x jp1 remote
1x jp1 cable
1x remotemaster (1.06 i latest i believe)
1x program called 'ir' (5.01 minimum)
1x my keymap.xml
1x my xbmc.rmdu

The software can be found if you search google for 'jp1' all files for jp1 stuff is in a yahoo group... yes you have to subscribe  <_<

Anyways... first put some batteries into your jp1 remote and hook it up to your pc.
load up the ir.exe program and go under 'interface' and select 'check interface' make sure it works. Yes batteries are REQUIRED! and long cables will make your jp1 remote not connect

Now that that works lets load up the xbmc.rmdu.
Start remotemaster (make sure you run the 'setup.bat' first) and load the xbmc.rmdu config.

Oooh its fancy. If you want to change anything help yourself. Also if you have a different jp1 remote change the currently selected remote and you can assign the keys how you see fit.

Next, click on 'output' then click the copy button as you see here
(IMG:http://www.mrfo.com/xbmc/remotemaster.copy.jpg)

Now lets pop back into IR.exe...
click on devices...
then add
then paste the info in as in the diagram below
(IMG:http://www.mrfo.com/xbmc/ir.paste.jpg)

Now almost done...
pop back over to the 'general' tab

(IMG:http://www.mrfo.com/xbmc/ir.config.jpg)

make sure that whichever device you want to be XBMC is set to 'cbl/sat' and code '1052' (unless you changed either in remotemaster)
Now you can use codes for any other hardware you have... these codes can be found in your manual or you can get custom user made setups on the jp1 group at yahoo and import them the same way (watch your memory though)
I recommend to set another button to dvd/0522 which will allow your universal to function with the MS dash and any other dashboard still.
now make sure your remote is connected all nice... and click 'upload to remote'  (its right under the big red arrow above)

It takes no time at all to upload

Now upload the keymap.xml to xbmc

TA DA! your done

you can move keys around in remotemaster if you like
post your changes... we'll make something nice

(if some keys dont work lemme know... ill fix it)

This post has been edited by Loto_Bak on Sep 13 2004, 12:45 AM

YnfinitY

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 05:49:00 AM »

Do you know the model of the remote??
I live in germany and i can buy remotes of "ONEforAll". But I need a modellnumber or something like that.

Alex

This post has been edited by YnfinitY on Sep 13 2004, 02:30 PM

fireburster

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 09:30:00 AM »

I bought just the phillips remote for 11 bucks at walmart. I cant stand walmart but they had this remote and i had a gift card.

I just learned all the buttons from the xbox remote to the sat buttons and it works. I run xbmc with this remote and my tv and vcr. Easy.

mumu

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »

Kool! thanx for the .xml

been messing around with that JP1 stuff for about two months now..reprogramed my remote for an old pioneer reciever I have.

I have that exact remote its a one4all "URC-8810B00"... it should work for any 88XX model.

Dolfhin

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

I ''broke'' (''nuff said) my XBox DVD remote and after opening it i was shocked! Man those things must be made by 8 years old in Taiwan it looks like a person's first solder job and a quite bad one to!

So I have been looking for a new universal remote for my 5.1 (soon to have wink.gif), TV and XBox DVD kit. This one sounds like a good one, does anybody know where to buy this remote in Holland? or does anyone knows the XBOX DVD remote Device code?

Thx in advance

Edit :
I found two ''Allinone'' remote's :
ONE FOR ALL MASTER REMOTE 5IN1
ONE FOR ALL 3IN 1 FB ECOLINE 3

Will those work?

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »

mine was a URC-8811w

Just an interesting note that you may not have realized, (especially mumu) the config file for the buttons does not conflict with other RCA hardware (which was driving me insane!) Most of the work here is in the xbmc.rcmu file... that has all the non-conflicting remote codes in it. The xml is the other 3rd of the work

Dolfhin : Any jp1 remote will work... but you  will have to reoginize the buttons in remotemaster

fireburster : Thats the easy way out :) This remote has more buttons than the xbox remote... all keypad functions work and pretty much everything has a dedicated key

As far as updating this... ive found a few bugs ill work out....

- In my files the 'select' key highlights and does not enter (power should highlight and select should enter)
- I plan on mapping the ff/rw n.track/p.track pause/stop to the top 6 number buttons so that your hand need not move so far from the arrows (the other buttons will work as well though)

This post has been edited by Loto_Bak on Sep 13 2004, 07:34 PM

Mr. Roper

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

I didn't think the Xbox had a built-in IR port. So all I need is this $20 remote and I'm good to go?

Delusions

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

didn't think the Xbox had a built-in IR port. So all I need is this $20 remote and I'm good to go?

No you still need an IR port or the dongle

fangolor

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

Nice work.. I like the additional buttons..

How can this be ported to a .CCF for Pronto/Marantz remotes?? I've got the standard .CCF which essentially mimicks the XBOX DVD remote currently.. thx

Beelzabub

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004, 11:28:00 PM »

What I'm wondering is if these remotes will work with a third party dongle? Because I had purchased this remote (IMG:http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/10057051/Images/Xbox_DVD_New.jpg) and man it sucks the distance is so bad you have to like move around 100 times before you find a spot that it will work also it seems these dongles don't work with the RCA codes like the official ms ones does

This post has been edited by Beelzabub on Sep 14 2004, 06:29 AM

seven5

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 11:58:00 PM »

check out the remote i use in my signature. It has tivo buttons as well, i love it

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 12:11:00 AM »

Nice one sev... yeah thats a nice remote although the colours drive me insane!

As far as that wacked out xbox remote... wholy shit :D
there is a process to figure out a remote like that.. you would have to learn a few keys... download the info to the pc and piece together the protocol.

UNLESS

there is a 3rd party config on the jp1 files section at yahoo and its for the imitation xbox remotes you find on ebay... perhaps your has the same hardware... but only way to find out would be to try it

Loto_Bak

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2004, 12:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (fangolor @ Sep 14 2004, 12:41 AM)
Nice work.. I like the additional buttons..

How can this be ported to a .CCF for Pronto/Marantz remotes?? I've got the standard .CCF which essentially mimicks the XBOX DVD remote currently.. thx

Dont know... check some forums for pronto stuff

masterslave

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »

i second the Beelzabub question, i have the same remote and it's really bad... i don't use it because you have to point the remote EXACTLY at the dongle which is very annoying and the distance is awful too. is this one going to solve the problems?

Beelzabub

• Archived User
Wicked Xbmc Remote
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 03:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (masterslave @ Sep 14 2004, 07:34 AM)
i second the Beelzabub question, i have the same remote and it's really bad... i don't use it because you have to point the remote EXACTLY at the dongle which is very annoying and the distance is awful too. is this one going to solve the problems?

lol it was so bad I use my wireless game controller over that piece of crap remote
Pages: [1] 2 3