xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Blaster 360 And Xeno Top Gear, Discussion Thread  (Read 649 times)

dstmo

• Archived User
Blaster 360 And Xeno Top Gear, Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »

No one has had this issue?

Mods, is there a better place to put this thread, as I do not consider this to be a newbie issue.  Is there another Xeno Topgear thread that deals with issues?

-- dstmo

Mortician13

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2007, 02:20:00 AM »

Hi, i also have problems with using the Blaster 360 to flash my drive. I have just ordered the Blaster, so I don't really have it round here but I can already see there will be problems. There is no tutorial on how to flash your Samsung drive with the Blaster360. I know the Blaster is just an SATA extension, so the regular tutorials shouls also work.

Still, Im confused as the Blaster has a seperate Molex Power Input (so absolutely no attaching your normal Xbox Power supply, right?) and then there's the SATA that goes to your PC as it normally does. Do you need to plug in the Video Cable so the drive doesn't shut down, or does the Blaster prevent that from happening automatically, so you really dont connect anything to the back of your Xbox?

Also, do you have to switch your drive to ModeB or anything like that? I thought you only have to do that for Hitachi drives but reading this thread it seems people use it for Samsung drives, too. BTW, I already looked through the stickies and did a thorough search of the forum but had no luck finding anything. Thanks in advance for answering.

dstmo

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »

The Blaster is similar to the Xeno, possibly a little higher quality, just knowing how TeamX has built compnents in the past (not trying to start a firestorm here).

If you use the add on power plug into the Blaster, you do not need to power the 360 at all, as that will power the DVD drive for flashing.  This should eliminate one possible means of detection by M$.  Powering this way you can leave the video cable in.  If you power using the 360, then unplug the video cable, but be aware of the 5 minute limit (plenty of time).

Hook your SATA cable into the drive and into your PC and have the PC molex power the Blaster/DVD and you are all set to flash.

Only hitachi drives have a modeb and you would need have the drive set to modeb if you were flashing a Hitachi.  For the Sammy's there is no modeb.

So to recap, the ideal setup with the blaster is to use the PC to power the Blaster/DVD drive through the external power plug, you won't need anything else plugged into the 360 (power brick or video cable).  Then flash through the directions in the Textbook tutorial.

If you can't power via the PC, then use the 360 power brick to power the Blaster/DVD, but then leave your video cable unhooked and be cognisant of the 5 minute timer.

-- dstmo

Mortician13

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2007, 01:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(dstmo @ Jun 12 2007, 09:00 PM) *

So to recap, the ideal setup with the blaster is to use the PC to power the Blaster/DVD drive through the external power plug, you won't need anything else plugged into the 360 (power brick or video cable).  Then flash through the directions in the Textbook tutorial.

If you can't power via the PC, then use the 360 power brick to power the Blaster/DVD, but then leave your video cable unhooked and be cognisant of the 5 minute timer.

-- dstmo

Thanks a lot for your answers, I really appreciate it. But you did confuse me there. If I use the PC's power supply, I dont need to plug in anything (neither Xbox power - that I understand - nor video cable). But if I use the Xbox power supply, you also say to not plug in the video cable. So, whatever I do I shouldn't connect the video cable? Im just curious, as all other tutorials tell me to do it.

The only difference between using the PC power supply (which I will do) and the Xbox360's is that I don't have to worry about the 5 minute timer, if I use the PC's molex, right?

Thanks again, the Blaster should arrive tomorrow. My expreience is, that you totally get into a panic if you read too much on forums, before actually having the product. I hope it's not as difficult as the posts in this thread (and forum) indicate :-)

ROBJETS

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2007, 12:44:00 AM »

Anyone who has a Blaster... Xecuter has answered most of the questions that you are asking on how to hook up and power your Blaster on the Blaster website.I suggest using an external molex power supply(that is what I did) so you dont have to power off your desktop power supply or the 360`s.I got my external psu from    coolerguys.com    I remember seeing one of the modchip sights selling them also.Only issue I am not happy about is not being able to use my sata card in my laptop.Its really a pain in the ass for me to pull the desktop out of the desk compartment it is in.If I could do it just by setting my laptop on the 360 and flashing it that way I would be ready to backflips down the street.

This post has been edited by ROBJETS: Jun 25 2007, 07:59 AM

r_f8

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2007, 12:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(Scriber @ Apr 22 2007, 06:05 AM) View Post

I had the same problem you did moonseak, and this is how I did it

since the xbox turns on the same time as my PC, I turn on the PC, and go into the BIOS

once in BIOS, I switch on the 360, put the enable0800 disc in, and let it run for 10-20 seconds

then I take it out, exit BIOS, and let windows load normally
so my BIOS is the PAUSE I'm able to do right before system startup, which allows me to run the enable0800 disc

hope I helped smile.gif

You can also use the PAUSE/BREAK key to halt the system at post or any time, then hit the enter key   when you are ready to continue.  wink.gif This will save alot of time and trouble. You won't have to enter the bios and not every system has the boot menu option, but all have the Pause/Break key. Just a suggestion.

misterhoangdai

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »

i am having troubles getting my toshiba drive recognized on my computer as well with my XENO TOP GEAR. console works fine after installation. switches are on PC and DVD. i am using the syba via 150 chipset. everytime i powerup the 360 with the sata cable plugged into my chipset, my computer either hiccups or freezes until i turn the console off. anyone have any ideas as to what i am doing wrong if anything?

lucas

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »

this thread seems to be full of people having trouble with these devices. I was thinking about picking one up so I'd only need to open up the xbox once and be able to do any future updates, but this thread makes the devices sound very flaky. can someone knowledgeable either confirm they're not reliable, or is it just a case if PEBKAC?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]