xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Gears Of War Won't Play In Flashed Dvd Drive......  (Read 318 times)

wertyxhts

• Archived User
Gears Of War Won't Play In Flashed Dvd Drive......
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tek233 @ Nov 8 2006, 06:04 AM) View Post

Having the same problem as the original poster. So if I flash my fw to 2.3 on my hitachi drive it should play the game?

I had a friend do it and I believe he told me I had one of the 1st fw releases on my drive.

yes, it should work fine.  jester.gif  Do it, its worth it.

zikronix

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 07:32:00 PM »

My drive isnt even flashed but gears doesnt work for me. ever since the update i have had multiple lockups and now this

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(Jrgong420 @ Nov 9 2006, 05:21 AM) View Post

I live on a small island and my local game retailer tried to explain to me that gow wasn't going to be released until a day after the original release date, so I drive 5hrs to the "city" to buy it at W$lmart and return home only to have the same problem as the original poster, I'm assuming it has to do with the dummy SS so I am planning on updating my hitachi firmware in the morning to the newest version (or just restoring my original firmware), as soon as somebody finds out a definitive reason/answer post, I tried many other games and various routines of coldbooting and even the hdtv switch trick with no luck on GOW just the message that if I want to play this game I need to insert it into a 360 console.  All other games I tested work fine, also someone mentioned that if you watch the laser to see if it goes to far on the inside of the disc, as far as I can tell the laser doesn't really seem to go in too far.

I'll keep repeating it... the solution is Hitachi Firmware v2.3 nothing else will work.  Anything else you try you are wasting your time you need the newest firmware.

That or stock firmware.

zikronix

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Havok @ Nov 9 2006, 06:57 AM) View Post

I'll keep repeating it... the solution is Hitachi Firmware v2.3 nothing else will work.  Anything else you try you are wasting your time you need the newest firmware.
That or stock firmware.

Hell I am stock and the game wouldn't work for me.  However I noticed my problem had to do with the fall update (the orginal one not rerelase) and a smudge on the disc on the edge that i did not see. It works now.

328iGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

GOW playing fantastic in my Samsung MS28 with X4.2a.   muhaha.gif

j3y q

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 10:08:00 PM »

same here i just update to 2.3 and im back in the game

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(cjf28 @ Nov 10 2006, 06:27 AM) View Post

I had my system flashed for me, so I have no idea what firmware I am running at.  Just know I have a hitachi drive.

Brought the game home  (in a badass collectors tin),  and the original wouldnt play.  Well, just for shits and giggles with chocolate pickles,  I made my backup and stuck it in, and it works fine.  WTF?

Original?  BAD

backup?  GOOD
 love.gif

Yep because your backup doesn't have the dummy security sector that confuses the console.. wink.gif

328iGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 06:18:00 AM »

Made a backup of my GOW last night and works flawlessly in my MS28 drive with X4.2a.

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 06:23:00 AM »

Ms25 with xtreme3.3
original works fine.  I didnt get prompted for an update and I have not updated the dash so I am asuming this game does not have the new fall dash update on it.

328iGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(cjf28 @ Nov 10 2006, 09:40 AM) View Post

yea, thats what a friend and I were discussing  (and hoping) at work yesterday.  Seemed to be right.  I, however, was prompted to get a LIVE update for the game, as soon as I put it in.  Any idea what that was for?

cory

Most games require a software update the first time they connect to LIVE, nothing unusual and is only for the game, nothing to worry about.

gsharpshooter

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

this influences me to buy my games now mod my console risk warranty although im doing that cuz i just want case mods and new fan with led lights !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so glad im still legal biggrin.gif  tongue.gif  pop.gif

iceman1535

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(vkvkvvk @ Nov 11 2006, 02:53 PM) View Post

I have the same problem where gears of war wouldn't work. I bought an oringinal

I had my xbox360  hitachi drive flashed but dunno what firmware. Heard that if you back it up it would play?

If so how do i backup?

I seriously need help  sad.gif  sad.gif

Yes Yes, I need help too. If someone can please enlighten.

1. How do I tell what drive I have??
2. I have my xbox360 flashed, but how do I know which version is it?
3. How do I update new firmware version - the "xbox360 for dummy" version please.
4. How do I backup the original games? - "dummy version" too please, including all the accessories that is needed.

biggrin.gif

jabroniekilla

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »

can someone please tell me the reason of life?  including all the things I need and how to make millions of dollars.  I need the dummy version becsue I dont like to read and I dont like to look stuff up on my own.  basically I am lazy and want to be spoonfed.
thanks! flamethrower.gif

pb_05

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

all of the information you need is in the tutorials...you cant find out what version you have. i would suggest flashing following geebes tutorial, which is also found in the tutorial section

and if anybody wasnt to help me and jabroniekilla out with that million just hit us up with a PM biggrin.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=513412

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=539922

http://www.anandtech...aspx?i=2610&p=2

http://xbox-scene.co...rials.php?p=#17

Jerk29

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »

LOL! I hardly ever post here, but that was fabulous!
Pages: 1 [2]