xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: No, MS Is Not Banning Because Of Firmware  (Read 4555 times)

Ayiz

• Archived User
No, MS Is Not Banning Because Of Firmware
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

surely if they can put a key on a disk we can copy that as well the same as a security sector

demon0ne

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2006, 05:50:00 PM »

Drive: Hitachi LG - GDR 3120
Firmware: Maximus GaryOPA 2.2 Stealth

I was able to play splinter cell Db for a few hours... then i started to play street fighter 2 and I suddenly disconected from xbox live.. its been 3 hours and I still have not been able to get on live. I do a connection test and the only part that fails is the xbox live section...

sugarshane

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(demon0ne @ Oct 19 2006, 12:57 AM) *

Drive: Hitachi LG - GDR 3120
Firmware: Maximus GaryOPA 2.2 Stealth

I was able to play splinter cell Db for a few hours... then i started to play street fighter 2 and I suddenly disconected from xbox live.. its been 3 hours and I still have not been able to get on live. I do a connection test and the only part that fails is the xbox live section...

Same with me. Hopefully it has more do to with Xbox Live's lack of stabilty right now, rather than being a firmware issue.

charlieaf92

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2006, 06:31:00 PM »

FYI, I played xbox live for 2-3 straight hours earlier (Halo 2, and PGR3) and didn't get disconnected once. I have unmodified firmware.

-Charlie

elmo_sni

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

the downtimes now going on alost  2 days...

it's gotta be something serious because i don't remember the last time its been down like this
maybe parental controls? but that doesn't seem serious enough to shut it down for almost 2 days

xxnoobiexx

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2006, 07:23:00 PM »

tried to sign on earlier with my xbox 1 sammy modded firmware.  it detected it and said trouble shooter. went to ms dash went through checks and said my hardware has been modified.  so they can now detect xbox 1 firmware.   im sure they can detect 360 firmware also.    if yours is modified it might work but when you sign out and in you will most likely not be able to connect to live.

insta

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »

You guys do understand the technical differences between the firmware mod and a mod chip, right?  The original Xbox' chips and softmods allowed you to run unsigned code by modifying the bios/kernel/dash/whatever.  Of course they'd ban for that sort of thing.  Unsigned code = cheats and instability.

You can't run unsigned code on the Xbox 360 (yet).  A backup disc has the exact same code/data as a retail disc, it's just on different media with a few slight differences.  Still the same signed, legit code.

Microsoft made minimal effort to fix the hardware security holes in the original Xboxes, but if you take a look at what they've done to combat the firmware modding for the 360, you'll see that it's all changes to the hardware itself.  To me this means they either don't have the hardware support to 100% verify a modified firmware, OR that they just don't care after considering how many different brands/firmwares there are out there already.

I bet they'd rather make it a lot more difficult to mod the drives than to worry about what is (currently) nothing but a very small amount of piracy.  Piracy isn't so bad compared to cheating and that kind of bullshit on Live.

Arch0n

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(xxnoobiexx @ Oct 19 2006, 02:30 AM) View Post
tried to sign on earlier with my xbox 1 sammy modded firmware.  it detected it and said trouble shooter. went to ms dash went through checks and said my hardware has been modified.  so they can now detect xbox 1 firmware.   im sure they can detect 360 firmware also.    if yours is modified it might work but when you sign out and in you will most likely not be able to connect to live.

xxnoobiexx, does your XB1 have any other modifications or just the DVD firmware mod? Too bad you don't have more posts and we can verify you don't work for M$...

So, can anyone else with a XB1 DVD firmware mod only support the above?

Neo_Da_One

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2006, 07:02:00 AM »

OMG i think the time is here when we say goodbye to live dont wanna sign on to live !! sad.gif

poolguard123

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

if you have flashed the FW to maybe say xtreme 4.0a on a sammy drive, can you reflash your original FW and still be detected? i guess if i loose my original disks and want to play a backup i could just reflash it???

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »

Piracy isn't so bad compared to cheating and that kind of bullshit on Live.

Total rubbish.

Stop worrying about live and hacked firmware. Don't believe everything you read in here, espescially from people with a single post that just sign in to shit stir.
The live problems are happening to loads at the moment. MS will sort it. You have not been banned for a firmware hack on a 360 yet

xxnoobiexx

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »

ms is banning xbox 1's with sammys with firmware.  mine is banned

insta

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2006, 09:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Oct 19 2006, 07:23 AM) View Post

Total rubbish.

Sorry, but from an end-users perspective, cheating is MUCH worse than piracy.  Cheating is something visible, it affects your quality of play when someone cheats against you.  Cheating weakens the Xbox Live brand.

Piracy is behind-the-scene for the most part.  Right now you can't tell if someone is playing with a retail game or a "backup" online.

So tell me, how is my opinion total rubbish?

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2006, 10:08:00 AM »

Cheating only affects end users. Piracy affects the Software developers, games companies console makers.If you belive that is not going to have any impact you are blinkered. The irony is the people who cheat on live are also likely to be playing pirate copies. People honest enough to buy their games are usually honest enough to stick to the rules on live.
Cheating is a PITA yes but it has nowhere near the impact and effect of piracy. so yes your statement is rubbish in my opinion.
Anyway it is neither here nor there to do with bans due to hacked firmware.

ms is banning xbox 1's with sammys with firmware. mine is banned

I will state again No 360s have been banned from live yet. Xbox 1 bans have nothing to do with it.
im sure they can detect 360 firmware also

back it up

charlieaf92

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »

Just a quick follow up. After posting I spoke with my brother and he is having connection issues (with unmodified firmware) and later on in the night I lost my connection once or twice. It seems to be an issue with Live, as stated by others before.

-Charlie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26