xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Imports  (Read 137 times)

BIG D 04

• Archived User
Imports
« on: June 30, 2006, 08:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(BIG D 04 @ Jun 30 2006, 02:32 PM) View Post

I was considering importing a Jap/US Console mainly just as I wanted another (mainly to mod) and figured I might aswell have one from another region.

I have two issuses however;

-Doing it with any Converter? I would like a solution to the power supply that wouldn't involve too much noise or too much technical know-how as I'm only a "newbie" at Mods.

-Video Signal? As a US Console is NTSC/U and Jap NTSC/J would it display on my LCD TV via VGA or Component or is their a need for a converter!

Cheers!

Mistake Meant to be
*Doing it without any Converter?*

Jelly4000

• Archived User
Imports
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 08:15:00 AM »

You should be ok with VGA and Component. I may well be wrong, but i believed that they were universal.

Power supply wise, your best bet is to get a US 360 power supply off ebay. No fuss, hassle or complicated electronics. Or you could mod it to use a normal ATX power supply.

http://xbox.hackaday...34000740073473/

That mod is mainly for people know can solder and know what they're doing. Someone else also made a slight improvement to it though, can't remember who or where it was.

Jelly4000

• Archived User
Imports
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(BIG D 04 @ Jun 30 2006, 03:28 PM) View Post

Sorry, I should of pointed out I'm from the UK

So we have PAL TV Signal and 220V Power Supply!
Also creating my own is out as I'm in experienced with wiring and solidering, so I don't think creating a power supply unit is the best solution.

Thanks for your Quick Reply thou.

Ah right, i'm in the UK too, i just assumed you were a yank, most people seem to be tongue.gif

You can still get the UK ones off ebay UK though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...1QQcmdZViewItem

Will work fine, as it's official and off an old console etc.

BIG D 04

• Archived User
Imports
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:42:00 PM »

Do you know a website that imports Xbox 360's into the UK except Ebay.com?

US/Canadian Core Console, NTSC

matthunter3

• Archived User
Imports
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 03:03:00 PM »

so if i ordered a us xbox all id have to buy is a uk powersupply unit?
dont they have a internal powersupply?

oh and www.liksang.com import, and so do www.yesasia.com and also www.playasia.com, and heres another
http://www.videogamesplus.ca/

Jelly4000

• Archived User
Imports
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »

Well, i would prefer someone to back me up on this but i am 99.9% certain. You will have no troubles using a US console in the UK as long as you use a UK power supply. The voltage management all goes on in the brick, not the console. The UK/JAP/US consoles are all basicaly the same, but the bricks are slightly different.

I'm not so certain about the video standards though.

Google some stuff, see what you can come up with and report back, i'm sure someone can back me up on this.

Jelly4000

• Archived User
Imports
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 02:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(BIG D 04 @ Jul 1 2006, 12:13 AM) View Post

fahrenhiet informed me that Asian Consoles come with 220V Power Supply and that will play NTSC/J games. So I think I will just do that... Plus the games are cheap for the Asian version which is an added bonus.

Thanks for everyones help!

Not only that, but some US games will play on JAP consoles. The region locking is set by the developer, not MS. Google for a list.

BIG D 04

• Archived User
Imports
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 05:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(Jelly4000 @ Jul 1 2006, 09:25 AM) View Post

Not only that, but some US games will play on JAP consoles. The region locking is set by the developer, not MS. Google for a list.

http://en.wikipedia...._Xbox_360_Games