xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Acheivment Hacking  (Read 477 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ Jun 28 2006, 12:40 PM) View Post

you know I thought you said a different site

xbox360achievments.org guys are doing it. still lame just wrong accusation

actually I just stopped by 360gamesaves.com... they have a whole sub-forum dedicated to save game achievement cheating... I am throughly disappointed  sad.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...dpost&p=3304146 dry.gif

StigmataDiaboli

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 05:46:00 PM »

Wow, I really hope MS finds a patch for this quickly before the whole Gamerpoints system is useless.

sofa king dumb

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(StigmataDiaboli @ Jun 29 2006, 12:17 AM) View Post

Wow, I really hope MS finds a patch for this quickly before the whole Gamerpoints system is useless.

whats the point of it now?

StigmataDiaboli

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2006, 08:00:00 PM »

To show how skilled you are or how much of a dork you are, however you'd like to take it.  Your not going to have a high Gamerscore if you suck at games and can't unlock achievements.  This would take away half the fun of getting achievements.

Tiptup300

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2006, 11:23:00 PM »

um, taking the gamesaves over doesnt unlock you acheivemnents, lol, wasnt there a x-s article on this?

shenmuemaster

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2006, 03:25:00 AM »

man, i've been workin my arse off to get achievements for games, tht moment of pure satifaction, when you've played PDZ for hours just to get the 1000 melee kills achievement tongue.gif

yeah its really disappointing to hear that achievement 'hacking' is possible, and the fact some websites are supporting it  mad.gif

i think MS will release a patch for this, like designating a gamesave to a profile, and ONLY that profile

its exactly like if you could hack your post count on this forum. wats the point?

Reaper527

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tiptup300 @ Jun 30 2006, 12:54 AM) View Post

um, taking the gamesaves over doesnt unlock you acheivemnents, lol, wasnt there a x-s article on this?

your misunderstanding the point. you move your gamesave right before the achievement is unlocked, so it won't work for all achievements, but something like find all item X, you could find all but one and send out a gamesave with an easily accessible last one for the achievement. it is very possible, and very lame.

Tiptup300

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Reaper527 @ Jun 30 2006, 11:34 AM) View Post

your misunderstanding the point. you move your gamesave right before the achievement is unlocked, so it won't work for all achievements, but something like find all item X, you could find all but one and send out a gamesave with an easily accessible last one for the achievement. it is very possible, and very lame.

oh, now I understand

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2006, 02:56:00 PM »

damn.. looks like alongside twisteds 100% achievement thread, we will need a 100% legit achievement thread.

i could never bring myself to do something that lame, especially not after the many hours it took me to get where i am now, legit.

eh.. on the other side of it.. the people that do hack for achievements, are pretty lame, and would have to think of themselves as losers.

spinr34

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2006, 03:00:00 PM »

this isn't a huge deal, but it is something that people just shouldn't shrug off.  to me, achievements is one of the largest features in 360's newer live.  achievements is what makes me keep playing the game after i would've quit hours or months ago.  they add replay value to the games and also signify a sense of skill.  using gamesaves to get an achievement would really mess up the system.  how will you know the integrity of the person's points you're looking at.  did they go through the same blood, sweat and tears to get all COD2 achievements that you did, did the person with Platinum in PGR3 put in the countless hours of work and restarting of races to perfect the game.  it's  not that i can't hack them myself but it just isn't right.  also, if you only play multiplayer or single player in the game, live with it.  don't think you deserve the rest of the achievements because you dominated one aspect of the game.  for instance, i'll probably never get all of the multiplayer achievements in GWAR or Burnout Revenge, but I can live with that.  I'll get as many single player and multiplayer ones i can.  i can accept the fact that there will be people who steal gamerscore points, there is always going to be the small percentage of people that will be doing things you wouldn't like them doing, but to see so many people just kinda shrug it off is disappointing.  i have no solution as to what should be done to solve the problem.  should MS take steps to stop this? i don't really think they should.  i just hope that the majority of hardcore gamers will not accept it to create a community standard that hacking achievements isn't acceptable.

Chancer

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

Its very sad really how some people want to cheat at anything and everything. A score obtained through cheating is worthless

spinr34

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2006, 03:43:00 PM »

*GRAW, just realized i spelt it GWAR.  too much multitasking ;p

**i only made a new reply because i couldn't edit my og post.

StigmataDiaboli

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 09:02:00 PM »

You couldn't have said it any better spinr.

jtom617

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »

maybe u guys should check, 360gamesaves.com, its a pretty cool site, and many are worth the hdd opening for.  pop.gif

Grentz

• Archived User
Acheivment Hacking
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 11:57:00 PM »

Just play the games and be true to your score.

Then it actually means something and is not like the halo 2 ranks or something where a ton of the people have gotten it by cheating.
Pages: 1 [2] 3