xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Help Mtu Problem!  (Read 131 times)

TheBrain962

• Archived User
Help Mtu Problem!
« on: February 25, 2006, 11:04:00 AM »

Hi. can i have some help to solve my big big biggest problem?
i have a xbox360 connected via lan cable to DLINK WLG810 wireless bridge. On the other side, there is a Netgear WGR614 Wireless Router connecter via WAN cable to internet.
NetGear can look the bridge and the XBOX can connect to MCE2005, pc wired connected to Netgear switch.
When i try to go to LIVE, my xbox can't go cause MTU problem. Netgear MTU is set to 1500...i can't understand!! anyone can help me? thanx  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/uhh.gif)

NoFace

• Archived User
Help Mtu Problem!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 12:18:00 PM »

Did you disable DHCP on the second router?

deadparrot

• Archived User
Help Mtu Problem!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

Try a different forum.  This is for Technical Hacking Discussion.

This post has been edited by deadparrot: Feb 26 2006, 12:55 AM

TheBrain962

• Archived User
Help Mtu Problem!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

Modchip-Man

• Archived User
Help Mtu Problem!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 04:03:00 PM »

geez, what have these forums turned to? could one of you have possibly just nicely sent a PM to a mod and had them move this? The guy's obviously new, and needs a little help, we were all in his position at one time. NoFace was the only person to ask a question to identify a problem. Let's try to be a lil' nicer, or these forums are gonna go to complete shit, and i enjoy looking over them for information. And TheBrain, i would call NETGEAR and talk to one of their people, they seem to be somewhat helpful, at least they have been for me. i believe the number in the US is 1-888-NETGEAR. If all else fails i would buy a netgear wireless bridge, because the hardware is pretty much guranteed to work correctly with each-other that way.
Have a good one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
M-M

Dagoth

• Archived User
Help Mtu Problem!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 12:52:00 AM »

Sorry for the amount of idiots that only flame on these boards now rather than try to help.

you might want to look at reducing the MTU on your router. this link should hopefully be some use to you

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n100603.asp