xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony Hdtv Compatible + Xbox ?  (Read 154 times)

Jizz_Breath

• Archived User
Sony Hdtv Compatible + Xbox ?
« on: February 17, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

you just need component cables. thats it.

rapidwiz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »

Hi,

Thanks I realize that. But I want to take advantage of the HDTV Quality from the XBOX 360 on my HDTV Compatible TV.

joerehall

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 09:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(rapidwiz @ Feb 17 2006, 07:08 PM) View Post

Hi,

Thanks I realize that. But I want to take advantage of the HDTV Quality from the XBOX 360 on my HDTV Compatible TV.

component is high definition dude, u may be mistaking composite cables for component, red green blue white and red is component.

mgamer20o0

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 11:08:00 PM »

i am guessing your talking about the 360. if you got the core then you need to buy the cables. if its the reg xbox then you need to buy the cables. only the 360 premium came with component cables. joerehall said if you plug in the red green blue video cables and the white red audio cables you can have the 360 in hd. dont forget to change the 360 dash to hd.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2006, 03:16:00 AM »

What he is talking about is using the HDMI input on the TV.
You can not use this at the moment as there is no 360 cable to HDMI
You will have to use as the others have said the component cables at the moment

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2006, 11:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Feb 18 2006, 05:23 AM) View Post

What he is talking about is using the HDMI input on the TV.
You can not use this at the moment as there is no 360 cable to HDMI
You will have to use as the others have said the component cables at the moment

You can most likely bet on a 360 with HDMI when the HD-DVD drive addon comes.  This is because the signal from the HD-DVD drive MUST carry copy protection, which those component cables cannot support.  
We don't know if games will be able to use this HDMI connection as well, we'll just have to wait.

trey85stang

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2006, 02:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(rapidwiz @ Feb 23 2006, 07:06 AM) View Post

Thanks Chancer, yes I was talking about the HDMI Port.

What was all the Hype about the 360 and HDTV, if it is just component Video which I don't believe is HDTV.

There were packages for sale which included a XBOX and HDTV LCD TV, was this just a standard VGA out to the TV or did it connect via some other method ?

Graphics are pretty good on my standard RCA cables. I have Component Video for my XBOX 1.1, I can't really say there was a huge improvement, all though GTA was definately better.

oh thanks all for replying.

componet allows for HD content.  So your belief is wrong wink.gif

Reign2425

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2006, 10:52:00 PM »

ya man , i have my 360 pluged into a regualr tv and when i plug it into a hdtv with the hd connections , it looks alot better ,(ex nba live 06 and madden

deacon187

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2006, 01:50:00 AM »

i havent seen n hdmi cable for xbox yet nor the 360, if you use component cables or vga you receve 720p so it is still HD

althoug at current state component is the best you will recieve on a tv, i had my 360 connected to a 55" wide rear projection with 1080i and then to a 42' plasma and it seemed only with EA sports games (madden and live 06) that it looked tremendously better on the plasma, i sold madden and bought it again after i got the plasma just because it looked 50 times better, i first noticed it on the demo at best buy, i wondered why it looked so different in the store on a plasma then it did on my rear projection, i still cant find out why but ohwell, i remember when first setting up my 360 it asked me type of tv it was connected to and i selected rear projection, after connecting it to a plasma i tried to change the settings and cant seem to find them even after running the set up wizard from scratch, i cant get to this ever again, i can change aspect ratio(480p 720p 1080i) but cant get to the display selection again where it says crt flat panel projection and all, maybe the update did something to this

lcapitan

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2006, 11:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(rapidwiz @ Mar 4 2006, 04:31 PM) View Post

I got lucky and found the Premium Bundle available with the cables.

All Premiums come with the cables.