xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: My Xbox Scratched My New Game.  (Read 478 times)

giftic

• Archived User
My Xbox Scratched My New Game.
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2006, 12:31:00 AM »

don't leave the DISC in the Drive when its turned off.
remove the dvd after use

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 03:44:00 AM »

I'm guessing u guys havn't heard of or found the tutorial on how to help stop this from happening?

Take the 360 apart and put foam/rubber pads under the lid, there the edges of the disc would hit if it was on an angle. It was done in the original Thomson drives, i don't see why they left it out here, pretty stupid.

Edit: Thought llamma did it but can't seem to find it, have a look around

This post has been edited by flashfreak: Feb 16 2006, 11:50 AM

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 07:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(flashfreak @ Feb 16 2006, 04:51 AM) View Post
Take the 360 apart and put foam/rubber pads under the lid, there the edges of the disc would hit if it was on an angle. It was done in the original Thomson drives, i don't see why they left it out here, pretty stupid.

Edit: Thought llamma did it but can't seem to find it, have a look around

The reason you can't find it is because it's not there anymore.  HSD posted a genius comment about this several weeks back.  I'll paraphrase.

If you put foam pads inside your DVD drive, remember that the DVD spins rapidly inside the drive.  Over time, the foam pads will degrade, and eventually break apart little bit by little bit, polluting your DVD drive.  Ultimately, the DVD drive will be ruined by this debris.  It can/will happen fairly quickly.  

The fact that The Llamma took this tutorial off his website implies that this is not a good mod, despite its initial effectiveness.  I'll say again, just don't move the freaking thing smile.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

QUOTE(jimjom @ Feb 16 2006, 12:17 AM) View Post

omg fuck, its totally lame to do the cliche "don't swear" with the rolleyes. It's called frustration and I am full of it.

No, I didn't do anything and yes the game scratched itself or was scratched to begin with. It's always been horizontal, never been moved with a game inside or ejected while the disc was spinning.

icp sucks anyways.

Sounds like you just deserved to have this happen to you, maybe you should change your attitude and your games will stop getting scratched.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

omg fuck, its totally lame to do the cliche "don't swear" with the rolleyes. It's called frustration and I am full of it.

Have a nice cold Warning to cool you down.
Don't put the swearing back in your signature either.
From the rules
Signatures have the following limitations/restrictions:

·          Max 4 lines of text (as viewed on an 800x600 display)

·          No 'large' or 'largest' size

·          Max 1 image (gif/jpeg/png)

·          Max size image is 450(w) x 140(h) pixels (now Live Gamer Card Images will fit)

·          No animated gifs allowed! (this has been abused in the past)

·          No offending/illegal images or text allowed

·          No referral URLs of any kind

·          No requests for donations ever!

·          No Racism/Racist Remarks

·          No Slanderous/Antagonistic remarks **

·         No swearing!

·          No links, direct or indirect to Xbox XDK or Sony SDK produced files.

·          No links, direct or indirect to Piracy/Warez sites or files.

This post has been edited by Chancer: Feb 16 2006, 04:25 PM

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 09:26:00 AM »

If you dont want swearing, add a profanity filter. I figured after two years of f's and s's on this site, a few folks could handle that and understand my frustration and horrible luck.

Well sorry for the swearing, but I still think a few individuals are a bit pretenticious here....

Again, if no swearing is a rule... why no filter?

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Feb 16 2006, 04:28 PM) View Post

Have a nice cold Warning to cool you down.
Don't put the swearing back in your signature either.
From the rules
Signatures have the following limitations/restrictions:

·         No swearing!

You should read more carefully next time, it clearly says no swearing in your signature!  Hopefully all your discs get scratched up, id love to see you come crying back again!  Gaz was trying to help, no need to lash out at her, especially since that is my wife. You need to learn some respect for those trying to help.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »

Me? My first post was against nobody, just sharing my frustrations, then SHE got all smarty pants, condescending for my use of language... the rolleyes put it over the end in terms of persnippityness.

It was the icp sucks comment, wasn't it?  huh.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »

no i could care less what people say about icp, i like them cuz they are funny. Everyone has their own opinions.  She wasnt being all smarty, just stating about the swearing which isnt a big deal.  Her main point was to try and see if anyone else possibly used your system that could have messed it up.  I have no idea why it would do it on its own, but i hope you can get the disc replaced, i cant remember if you said you got it replaced or not.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

Okay, well honest F'ffing apologies for my behavior, and icp sucks was a lame lowblow.

The last post calmed me down, and I can see the light of rationality.

1.) system only used by me, in front me.

2.) never moved

3.) horizontal

4.) always shut down from dash

any one got any OTHER CONSTRUCTIVE ideas to how this could happen?

I am now using d-skins, now more scratching...

And yes, I got the game changed. Gamestop has a very decent return policy.

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »

Thank you, im glad you calmed down.  Too many times people blow up and not talk things through first. Your apology is accepted and i wish i could tell you how to resolve your problem but i have no idea what could be doing it.  At least you got the game exchanged. maybe someone else could post some help that has had similar issues. Good Luck.

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »

Im thining my floor is weak. My apartment is shi.... i mean crappy. The floor kinda.... it's loud to walk around it, you know what I mean? It's not shaking a lot, but maybe JUST enough to make the entertainment center wobble just 1/10th inch.... plausable?

deakphreak

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »

Yes i bet that is the cause!!  I had my xbox on and it was spinning the disc while i showed my parents what i did with it, i grabbed the 360 at the top and it made a loud noise from the dvd, i just barely put pressure on it.  So just the slightest bump could do it.  I turned it off quickly and looked but there was no damage.  So im 99% sure thats the cause of your issue wink.gif

jimjom

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

Man, I dont want lose my warranty, I still got time on it..... but I want to put those tommy rubber stoppers in there. I guess I will rock the d-skins until then. More and more reasons to get a later version 360....

smoked1

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2006, 11:46:00 AM »

I returned the game with no problems. I am going to return the xbox whent hey get some in because the damn thing always freezes on me. For 400.00 I don't think I should have to deal with these issues.
Pages: 1 [2] 3