xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Gamertag Question  (Read 83 times)

grim_d

• Archived User
Xbox Live Gamertag Question
« on: February 12, 2006, 08:50:00 AM »

i dont see why not, unless somebody has taken it.

if you go here http://www.mygamercard.net and enter what you used to have it will tell you if someone has it or not.

alternativly go to xbox.com and try findout that way.

Reaper527

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Feb 12 2006, 10:57 AM) View Post

i dont see why not, unless somebody has taken it.

if you go here http://www.mygamercard.net and enter what you used to have it will tell you if someone has it or not.

alternativly go to xbox.com and try findout that way.

mygamercard isn't a true live index. its database only has gamertags that have been specifically entered. when i showed my friend the site, i did a search for his name, and nothing came up, so i hit generate gamer card with his name, then that made one and we could get his tag from the search after th at. i'm assuming the x-s forums auto-generates the name so it can show the live profile on the forums.

on topic.. to avoid any confusion, why not call 1-800-4-my-xbox now before you buy anything so that way you'll know exactly what your options are.

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 08:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(naldo @ Feb 12 2006, 01:00 AM) View Post

I used to have live with my old xbox right when live came out, but after the 1st year I cancelled. Now I am thinking about getting a 360, will I be able to use the same name I used back when I had the old live?

No...you can't use a cancelled account.  
I wondedered the same thing a year ago, and when I called they said that an old account can not be reactivated, so I had to create a new gamertag.