xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can You Copy 360 Dvd's?  (Read 115 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Can You Copy 360 Dvd's?
« on: January 10, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »

You can not play backups on the 360

Hannard

• Archived User
Can You Copy 360 Dvd's?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Greggers @ Jan 10 2006, 06:39 PM) View Post

Thanks for the quick repsonse...

Any timescales on this yet? Haven't been keeping up to date with developments.

No, there's no timescale. The chip supposed to come out soon from Team Ice has been all but exposed as a fake. What disturbs me more is this talk of cracking - I'd heard about discs being scratched, but not cracked. One of the cool things about my modded X-Box is that I can have all my games safely squirreled away in their cases and just run them off the HD, so they don't get scratched. But for the 360 to be actually damaging disks in this way seems worrying.

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
Can You Copy 360 Dvd's?
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »

Not sure how this is but it's worth a shot: http://www.discguard2.com/

Ranger72

• Archived User
Can You Copy 360 Dvd's?
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

QUOTE(Greggers @ Jan 10 2006, 05:35 PM) View Post

Just a quick Yes/No please?

Legimate reason: My 360 has cracked my COD2 DVD from the spindle out - fortunatley I managed to get it replaced by GAME - picked on the woman behind the counter biggrin.gif

I would rather use a backup of the games - I know that the 360 plays RW's but I'm guessing that there is a protection built in somewhere - do I need to check back in about 6 months?

Cheers
Greg

Better make it closer to 6 years and not months.

I can’t get over how many people are holding there breath thinking that any day now there will be a mod chip for the 360. Please do some research on the complete copy protection that the 360 utilizes and you will get a glimpse of exactly how hard it will be to mod.

But one good thing may come out of this. If ever the 360 is modded it will be done threw a software hack which means nobody will have to take there 360 apart.