xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Live Rep  (Read 140 times)

saunders73

• Archived User
Xbox Live Rep
« on: January 05, 2006, 09:43:00 AM »

Its either gamerscore or the amount of time you spend on xbl

deakphreak

• Archived User
Xbox Live Rep
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »

No one has figured out exactly but its from feedback you get.  My guess is that whoever you play with and they dont give you feedback then you get a small amount of positive feedback automaticly. If they give you good feedback then you get more positive.  If they give you negative then it goes down, pretty simple.

C o s m o

• Archived User
Xbox Live Rep
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 10:00:00 AM »

That's helped along by a dynamic feedback system that lets you tell the new Xbox Live that you liked or didn't like playing with a particular gamer, which goes into a sort of social reputation score that is used side-by-side with your mathematically derived TrueSkill rating.

Romps

• Archived User
Xbox Live Rep
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jan 5 2006, 05:07 PM) View Post

It is a combination of your gamer skill and member feedback.  From Xbox.com:

All my stars was on the day after i played pd0 for first time
And i only had about 3 games the first time i played it i sucked and still do lol
But i still got full stars.

So no idea but in the 360 menu when i looked it said somet like 100% prefered to play with me or didnt leace feedback ????

Ive not been and got gold membership yet as i used pd0 on line and i thought id wait untill there was a few games i liked on line b4 getting gold
So will my stars go down as i get no gamerskill scores on line or will they just stay as are untill i decide to go gold

deakphreak

• Archived User
Xbox Live Rep
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Romps @ Jan 5 2006, 06:13 PM) View Post

All my stars was on the day after i played pd0 for first time
And i only had about 3 games the first time i played it i sucked and still do lol
But i still got full stars.

So no idea but in the 360 menu when i looked it said somet like 100% prefered to play with me or didnt leace feedback ????

Ive not been and got gold membership yet as i used pd0 on line and i thought id wait untill there was a few games i liked on line b4 getting gold
So will my stars go down as i get no gamerskill scores on line or will they just stay as are untill i decide to go gold

They will stay the same.  If you are not playing against anyone then they will not change.

Romps

• Archived User
Xbox Live Rep
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2006, 11:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(theseige @ Jan 5 2006, 05:16 PM) View Post

pd0 is all i play now, well not since my TV broke, but thats all i played for like a week
damn gamer score

Dam wish i had as much time as u lot to play i never get on it tbh...

QUOTE(deakphreak @ Jan 5 2006, 05:20 PM) View Post

They will stay the same.  If you are not playing against anyone then they will not change.

Cheers Will have to get the gold package when i get more time to play the 360 im happy my stars stay there smile.gif

JustDanMI

• Archived User
Xbox Live Rep
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jan 5 2006, 12:07 PM) View Post

It is a combination of your gamer skill and member feedback.  From Xbox.com:

I think the quote that he used was for matching up gamers in online play, not for getting your rep up.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Xbox Live Rep
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 10:36:00 AM »

I'm not quite sure how it's calculated...

I have 100% positive feedback, I've played a variety of games on Xbox Live (PGR3, PD0, THAW, DOA4, etc.)

On Xbox.com and in my gamer card it shows 5 full stars, on my Xbox 360 console it shows 4 and 1/2....

my stars VERY slowly grew from 3 up to where it is now.

Interesting enough I have a friend with only a 60% positive feedback rating and he has 5 full stars and got 5 full stars after the first game he played...

To be honest I have no idea how it works  laugh.gif

deakphreak

• Archived User
Xbox Live Rep
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

However they do it, they make it so people cant abuse the system and just start giving bad feedback to lower scores.  It may have to do that if someone has good rep and they give you good feedback it counts more then if someone with no feedback gives you feedback.  Something like that and of course im pretty sure if people dont give you any that you play with, then it will go up automaticly.