xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: X360 Controller And Rechargeable Bateries  (Read 97 times)

Noctvm

• Archived User
X360 Controller And Rechargeable Bateries
« on: December 14, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »

Ok, this situation has troubled my mind since... well, yesterday  rolleyes.gif

I got a wireless controler (original xbox) and 4 rechargeable AA bateries, but dumb me didnt notice that the controller actually uses AAA bateries (yes... i know jester.gif ); so i was wondering, can i use these bateries in my 360 controller?

Someone told me that MS doesnt recomend rechargeable bateries for the 360 controller, but I think they just want to sell more "play and charge kits"

So, what do you think... should I sell the bateries and charger and get some of my money back, or keep them to use in my 360 (which I'll be getting in about 1 1/2 months)?

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

Well, I try and use rechargable AAs in my camera, but they don't last very long.  I'd say the same applies to the 360 controller.  I have the play-and-charge and I'm really happy with it.

beowulfx

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »

Get GP powerbanks batteries of 2100 or 2300 mAh    They will last month on youre camera and on youre controller as wel     it does on my camera and  logitech wireless xbox controller     and they recharge within 2 hours

asnpcwiz

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »

The controllers use 2 AA's batteries...not AAA batteries.  It's really up to you if you want to use the rechargeable batteries you have in hand.  It's really your choice, but I'm very curious to know the performance difference between two.

Niteman1969

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 06:49:00 AM »

My Rechargeable 1800mah batteries seem to work just as long as Alkaline cells but no longer.
The thing is because of the nature of these rechargeables bien able to give full power until
they die, you get no warning on your pad before the batteries give up.

Not Good during a PGR3 race.....lol

Regards

Niteman1969

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(beowulfx @ Dec 14 2005, 01:08 PM) View Post

Get GP powerbanks batteries of 2100 or 2300 mAh    They will last month on youre camera and on youre controller as wel     it does on my camera and  logitech wireless xbox controller     and they recharge within 2 hours

Thanks for the tip.  I'll give that a try.