xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Necessary Accessories  (Read 105 times)

FreewayX327

• Archived User
Necessary Accessories
« on: December 13, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

Are there any necessary accessories that I would need or should get when I get my 360...hopefully this weekend.

tnil

• Archived User
Necessary Accessories
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(FreewayX327 @ Dec 13 2005, 05:29 PM) View Post

Are there any necessary accessories that I would need or should get when I get my 360...hopefully this weekend.

Depends on your situation.

The unit comes with one wireless controller that utilizes two AA batteries.  If you need a second controller, you'll have to buy another one, wireless or wired.

If you want a rechargable battery for the wireless controller, pick up a play and charge kit.  This will give you a rechargable battery with a usb cable to charge the battery.  This cable also charges the battery while you play, in case the battery is about to go dead.

If you are going to connect the xbox to a standard tv or hdtv, the premium already comes with the necessary cable.  However, if you want to connect to a PC monitor, you will need the VGA cable.

You will have one month free of Xbox live gold, so if you plan to play online, you will have to consider buying a subscription now or when the month expires.

As for the games, you probably know what you want biggrin.gif

C o s m o

• Archived User
Necessary Accessories
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 07:42:00 AM »

Play and charge, extra controller (wireless if you have the extra $10-it's really worth it!).

FreewayX327

• Archived User
Necessary Accessories
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

wait so the wireless controller uses any regular AA batteries? It doesnt use any special kind unless you want to be able to recharge and play at the same time?  Never knew that.  I learned something new today  tongue.gif

bburpee

• Archived User
Necessary Accessories
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 01:57:00 PM »

Regarding play and charge- can one USB charger charge more than one battery pack?  Meaning- can I buy one Play and charge, then buy an extra wireless controller and bat pack, and have both charge off the same USB charger?

I can't imagine having three USB chargers hanging out of the 360...  ??

tnil

• Archived User
Necessary Accessories
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(bburpee @ Dec 16 2005, 03:04 PM) View Post

Regarding play and charge- can one USB charger charge more than one battery pack?  Meaning- can I buy one Play and charge, then buy an extra wireless controller and bat pack, and have both charge off the same USB charger?

I can't imagine having three USB chargers hanging out of the 360...  ??

Yes, one play and charge cable can charge any wireless controller...but not at the same time of course.

I bought two because there *MAY* be a time when I forgot to recharge the controllers and need to recharge both while playing at the same time.  The play and charge kit is only $8 more than the battery alone, so I couldn't pass up having two smile.gif

deacon187

• Archived User
Necessary Accessories
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »

and these play and charge kit batteries seem 2 last twice as long and the 2 AA's, not to mention i just plug it to my pc's usb port every 4-5 days or so and let i charge over night, lasts all week no problem