xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 3 Questions About Your 360  (Read 155 times)

katastrofi

• Archived User
3 Questions About Your 360
« on: December 12, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

1. when playing some xbox games, do you get a loud grinding/scratching noise during load times etc? like on jade empire during load times...also, in the splash screen when you first turn it on, it flashes back and forth with the white xbox logo...anyone else get this? btw, i've checked all the xbox games ive played that make this sound, and none of the disk media gets scratches or anything.

2. if you pick up your 360, and tilt it VERY carefully, and listen closely, you can hear a small noise as if there is something loose inside, like a cable/wire/lose piece of solder/plastic etc..

3. anyone have what looks like plastic/hot glue piece (very small) in the crease area around any part of the silver "HDD" mold located on the HDD?

rusty stucco

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

I havent tried any of the old xbox games due to my busy life.  The answer to number 2 I belive is the fact there is a ball bearing of somesort to determine what position ur 360 is in and with that info it reallocates the controller signs.  Number 3 I would have to say no to that.  Hopefully that one answer will help...

xbox77

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 08:34:00 PM »

katastrofi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

thx, anyone else able to share any more insight?

im guessing the plastic stuff may just be an assembly-line-imperfection...

tnil

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 01:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(katastrofi @ Dec 12 2005, 09:25 PM) View Post

1. when playing some xbox games, do you get a loud grinding/scratching noise during load times etc? like on jade empire during load times...also, in the splash screen when you first turn it on, it flashes back and forth with the white xbox logo...anyone else get this? btw, i've checked all the xbox games ive played that make this sound, and none of the disk media gets scratches or anything.

Yeah, when the system is standing vertically.  I noticed this while playing GTA: SA...it sounded like the dvd drive was being used heavily.  However, when laying down, I don't hear that much noise coming from it.

2. if you pick up your 360, and tilt it VERY carefully, and listen closely, you can hear a small noise as if there is something loose inside, like a cable/wire/lose piece of solder/plastic etc..

Yes, this is normal.  Just like the previous post, it is due to the position of the xbox.

3. anyone have what looks like plastic/hot glue piece (very small) in the crease area around any part of the silver "HDD" mold located on the HDD?

Not sure, I'll look later.