xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What To Get Someone With A Premium 360 For Xmas?  (Read 125 times)

Snowboard8422

• Archived User
What To Get Someone With A Premium 360 For Xmas?
« on: December 11, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

You could be safe and get him a game, if you want to spend 60 dollars..........

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 03:25:00 AM »

Get him a lottery ticket. If he was lucky enough to pick up a 360 then he will sure win the jackpot with the ticket.
I think the odds of winning the Lottery are lower than those of obtaining a 360 before Xmas biggrin.gif

My premium had no play and charge kit at all (not that I have found in the box yet)
I would go with that or an extra controller. Depends on budget but what about a years subscription to XBL or one of the dedicated 360 magazines.

sick_mate_xbox

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 04:12:00 AM »

get him an aftermarket or limited edition faceplate

tnbigdawg

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

Cool thanks guys. I guess I'll get him a play and charge with a battery pack.

Kevyinus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(tnbigdawg @ Dec 11 2005, 09:16 PM) View Post

Cool thanks guys. I guess I'll get him a play and charge with a battery pack.

I know I may sound stupid, but if he has a play to charge kit he wont need the extra charger as he can still 'play' while 'charging' and if he wasnt playing it he could be charging the original anyway. Id get him 2 play and charge kits and an extra wireless pad.

xbox77

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 08:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 11 2005, 11:32 AM) View Post

Get him a lottery ticket. If he was lucky enough to pick up a 360 then he will sure win the jackpot with the ticket.
I think the odds of winning the Lottery are lower than those of obtaining a 360 before Xmas biggrin.gif

My premium had no play and charge kit at all (not that I have found in the box yet)
I would go with that or an extra controller. Depends on budget but what about a years subscription to XBL or one of the dedicated 360 magazines.

What dedicated 360 mags. are there?

Rubix42

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »

If you want to do something original and cool, get him a subscription to Play magazine.  It's a unique mag. that covers all systems, but it also reviews anime, manga, dvd's etc.  They are more of a visual mag, and I find that each issue gives good reading and great page layouts.

I highly recommend it to any gamer.  It is completely different than your typical video game mag.  They discuss design facts, and innovation, and never walkthroughs or any of that b.s.

Check it out.

CattyKid

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

Personally, I'd get him an Xbox and a set or torx screwdrivers, or a memcard with Krayzie's Softmod on it.  But hey, that's just me.

About the 360, I'd have to go with the Faceplate or the magazine.  Always good ideas, right?  Or, maybe, the Universal remote?  That wouldn't be too bad.

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

Given my experience I'd say I'd be thrilled with either an extra controller or the play-and-charge more than anything else.