xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Xecuter CK3 Probe v2 – The First No Solder Liteon Solution  (Read 496 times)

somenutter

• Archived User
Xecuter CK3 Probe v2 – The First No Solder Liteon Solution
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Feb 5 2010, 02:03 PM) View Post

I would be more comfortable using solder, I don't know how easy the conductive glue is to remove if you connect something to the trace that shouldn't be.

If you bridge something with solder, at least you can desolder.  

Also I hear people saying that the conductive glue might not be so reliable.  Someone mentioned that intensafire pcb thing that goes in controllers for rapid fire most problems people have was with using the conductive glue, so putting this on someone elses drive, I wouldn't trust it so much.  I don't want to have my customers sending me something back to fix because the conductive glue failed, Id rather be happy knowing that the solder will be fine.

I think anyone saying solder is better than glue on this type of work is quiet right, but I'm sure that most of the problems with the glue on rapid fire pads is to do with the movement of the pad internals making the the glue crack or come apart, but inside a dvd drive on such a small area i don't think there would be a problem with that type of fix, or am i wrong ?

Also if you only need to use a pen to repair the cuts on the board I'm sure it would be a lot quicker and cleaner to do for the average Joe

numlockhome

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2010, 04:17:00 PM »

Well, if this is the FIRST "solderless" solution, then what is this?

http://www.diygadget.com/index.php

Theese guys have been selling their solderless solution long before both maximus and xecuter anounced theirs.

All with conductive glue included (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

harveytator

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2010, 05:26:00 PM »

Im looking for a guide to reading the key on the new liteons,im quite a noob at all this so as easy as possible would be great.I have flashed all the other drives,i cant solder but im game to trying it aslong as theres someone in a video or something telling me what to do.If anybody could point me in the right direction i would be forever gratefull.

SatanUk

• Archived User

bonneville1992

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2010, 12:36:00 PM »

i love probing things, it's so much fun!! and a great stress realiever!!

drogy

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2010, 12:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(numlockhome @ Feb 6 2010, 01:17 AM) View Post

Well, if this is the FIRST "solderless" solution, then what is this?

http://www.diygadget.com/index.php

Theese guys have been selling their solderless solution long before both maximus and xecuter anounced theirs.

All with conductive glue included wink.gif

they say it's a solderless solution but all i see is a couple of clips, cables, probes and resistor... i'm guessing i have to build the probe myself, right? yeah.. great "solution".

and yes, everyone knows the xecuter probe is not the FIRST one on the planet, but it sure as hell is the first XECUTER solution! smile.gif

ps: for everyone complaining about false advertising, smart marketing, etc.. what century do you live in?! everything is false advertising, why not bitch about detergent, toothpaste, kitchen products, health magazines, fashion.. (i can go on for weeks). wtf??? if you've got to this point and haven't learned how to read between the lines in any advertisement and actually use your brain to make an informed decision, i'm pretty sure you got screwed for much more than what this probe costs in your lifetime smile.gif

huh07

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2010, 04:49:00 PM »

– Liteon 74850 – No Cuts Required – No Rebuild PCB Required. Switch to original CK3 Probe Function for DVD Key Extraction
– Liteon 83850V2 – 3 Small Trace Cuts (Same as LT Switch) – No Rebuild PCB Required. Special Conductive Glue supplied with kit to easily repair the cuts (Enough for at least 10 DVD Drives) – No Soldering !
– Liteon 93450 – 3 Small Trace Cuts (Same as LT Switch) – No Rebuild PCB Required. Special Conductive Glue supplied with kit to easily repair the cuts (Enough for at least 10 DVD Drives) – No Soldering !

http://team-xecuter.com/ck3-probe-v2/

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2010, 08:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(DaShiZNiT @ Feb 4 2010, 02:28 PM) View Post

So the Vampire mod was really the "first no solder solution" lol....

Here's a no solder solution, pay an installer, hopefully he can solder. wink.gif

+1

harveytator

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2010, 12:40:00 AM »

Thankyou very much SatanUk,much apprciated.

modslave

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2010, 11:28:00 AM »

QUOTE(bonneville1992 @ Feb 6 2010, 07:36 PM) View Post

i love probing things, it's so much fun!! and a great stress realiever!!

"+1" "LOL"  laugh.gif

dkdajoker

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2010, 01:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(pigbait @ Feb 3 2010, 05:28 PM) View Post

Remember boys and girls team X is now part of c4e and TJ money making drama so, maybe this is a real no solder needed way of dumping the new lite-on.... Look at the comment team x said... we will help keep the firmware free. And how do you do that you ask. Make a tool, sell it, and split the profits, think about it for a minute.... If c4e stoped makeing CFW then teamX would lose market cuz no more firmware to mod. So now there a team. C4e makes "free" firmware abd team x make another product needed to flash drives...

Absolutely right. a Few months ago i saw post on here 'exlpaining' the whole situation bout c4e trying to make money and there was a huge fight blah blah and apparently that was BEFORE the making of 1.61

so 1.61 comes out..1 month later we are all banned and gotta buy new boxes. Oh and all these new boxes have magical liteon drives  mad.gif

So now LT finally gets released..but only for liteon  blink.gif Oh Benq is on the way..but before benq comes out all these probes and switches come out.

Benq was the easiest shouldnt it be out by now? Well no cause these guys have to make a profit right(and thats fine..ethical no but w/e its their sh!t) and they're not going to make any money if we all have Benqs that can be modded with iprep f*kin DOS.

So we all get banned, have to buy new boxes, no1 can really blame em cause we dont know how microsoft works with these ban waves right we just know the schedule thats its, and oh yay were keeping the firmware free but uh to use it you gotta drop a bill on accessories cause theres no benqs out there that are not banned  grr.gif

i predict benq firmware wont be released until after all these accessories come out and theres no ETA on the other drives. Those are just now branded as OLD or OBSOLETE. Get a new box get with the times.

If you guys are gonna force us all to get accessories and monopolize the whole thing fine be a corporation but What really bugs me is that all these perfectly fine xboxs got banned..i mean..you guys could of been making money off of allll the new ppl getting into the scene now and the years to come. But instead you wipe everyone out and eliminate the competition (benq, older boxes).

Amro90

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(dkdajoker @ Feb 9 2010, 10:13 PM) View Post

Absolutely right. a Few months ago i saw post on here 'exlpaining' the whole situation bout c4e trying to make money and there was a huge fight blah blah and apparently that was BEFORE the making of 1.61

so 1.61 comes out..1 month later we are all banned and gotta buy new boxes. Oh and all these new boxes have magical liteon drives  mad.gif

So now LT finally gets released..but only for liteon  blink.gif Oh Benq is on the way..but before benq comes out all these probes and switches come out.

Benq was the easiest shouldnt it be out by now? Well no cause these guys have to make a profit right(and thats fine..ethical no but w/e its their sh!t) and they're not going to make any money if we all have Benqs that can be modded with iprep f*kin DOS.

So we all get banned, have to buy new boxes, no1 can really blame em cause we dont know how microsoft works with these ban waves right we just know the schedule thats its, and oh yay were keeping the firmware free but uh to use it you gotta drop a bill on accessories cause theres no benqs out there that are not banned  grr.gif

i predict benq firmware wont be released until after all these accessories come out and theres no ETA on the other drives. Those are just now branded as OLD or OBSOLETE. Get a new box get with the times.

If you guys are gonna force us all to get accessories and monopolize the whole thing fine be a corporation but What really bugs me is that all these perfectly fine xboxs got banned..i mean..you guys could of been making money off of allll the new ppl getting into the scene now and the years to come. But instead you wipe everyone out and eliminate the competition (benq, older boxes).

Are you serious? c4e goes through all the trouble to give you these  great fws for free and you complain? Nobody is forcing you to buy anything. The probe is an accessory which helps with modding lite-ons. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. You an always cut the trace and solder or you can make your own spear probe. And you can also make a connectivity kit if you can. These accessories that are made by team xecuter and others are made with us modders in mind, to help us in modding all of the drives. And these accessories are not free to make, so team x and others need to sell them to keep making new acessories for us. And these accessories are great quality, and not the cheapest to make. I've been a user of team xecuter products since their X2 modchip for the original xbox and never had any complaint about their item. They've always been the same great quality. And I'll keep using their products to make the modding easier.

And on-topic:
Has anyone gotten any confirmation if conductive glue is included in the set or have team xecuter made another new great innovation? I'm buying these either way, but it would be nice to know.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]